Call sign question

Hola gente! Hi folks!
Well, I’m just curious, today I was flying at Hawaii region and there was a guy using “United Qatari Emirates American Reuinion Kestrel Super” as a call sign, is this a bug or is this possible? Also, I have seen pilots using inappropriate call signs and the atc voice called them normally as a name and not as a code.

2 Likes

On the Expert server, using callsigns like that can get you ghosted without any warning… However on the training server, the only thing you can do is report… :)

6 Likes

You can ghost for offensive callsigns? Does that include political jargon 😒

3 Likes

All those kind of Callsign it has been on the expert server, but my question is, how they do it? Is this a kind of hack to the server? Is this legal?

You need to assess individually…

1 Like

Not sure Exactly how, I know you could do it before, but that bug was removed…

1 Like

Call signs are an area where a focus towards realism is paramount. There is nothing more annoying than having to listen to ATC repeatedly say a long drawn out call sign.

4 Likes

In past builds of Infinite Flight, different things were possible with Callsigns, that weren’t forced to change when new rules came out. There is a section when making a callsign that allows you to use real world call signs, and be able to add your number and suffix, as well as create GA Callsigns. You can test what is possible. If it’s not, it is most likely something of an older build were it may have been allowed of they have found a loop hole. Try to stay obedient and consider what you make your callsign though, as offensive things are frowned upon, and are ghosted for on the Expert Server. Political things aren’t normally immediately ghosted for, but can be after discussions are made, which wound’t take more than 5 minutes. Be kind and respectful of others, and there’s no reason to make a calling political in the first place ;)

4 Likes

Thank you for all you kind replys people! As I said before, I was curious, in my case, I would never use an inappropriate call sign, that’s shows a lot of you. Fly safe!

5 Likes

I was also on the server when he was flying ( Honolulu ) , nothing more selfish then spamming up the frequency with ridiculously long call signs. I did report him , but not many people are aware that if 3+ people report a aircraft then they get removed !

I was the 777-300ER ( Qatari 18)✈️

It’s because the call sign settings have been changed.
There are still a lot of ‘old’ call signs out there. The new rules didn’t force everyone to change call signs.
It is a shame that “KLM” is now “Kilo Lima Mike”.
Some can’t/couldn’t be trusted though.
Sadly, the good are punished with the bad.

1 Like

Also when you see callsigns such as ‘Qantaslink xxxx super’ and it’s a regional Q400…ATC use these suffixes to space traffic by wake category, people shouldn’t abuse them

5 Likes

@747life YES!!!

Rule of thumb:

Heavy : B777,A340,A330,B787,B767,B747,B757*.
Super: A380.

*= The 757-200 is not a heavy by definition, and doesn’t use “heavy” in their callsign. It is just treated like a heavy with regards to separation from other aircraft because it puts out some nasty wake turbulence.

@Joshua_Fleming The 767 is a heavy and the 747 is heavy not super

1 Like

Nope!
Only the A380 is a ‘Super’.
The 747 is a ‘Heavy’.

Corrected, Thanks 👍🏼

1 Like

Super! (Kidding!)

Also, don’t forget the 757 as a ‘Heavy’, due to special circumstances.

1 Like

Hope some day this comes automaric with weight. I’m a little tired to see pilots in a Cessna citation with super in callsign, someone should tell them it doesn’t means superman

2 Likes

Actually, from What I last read, it isn’t anymore. It was speculated for some time that the shape of the wings made massive wake turbulence, but it was disproven and was taken off the “heavy” chart. :)