Calibration Issue

I have had issues calibrating various planes in IF. When in flight I have calibrated before turning off AP and it appeared the yoke was not centered. I attempted to calibrate several times to get a true centered yoke. Sometimes I have to hold my device in a extreme nose up or nose down attitude to get it centered. To check how the calibration operates I decided to do a calibration after landing the aircraft and then visually inspect the airplane control surfaces. It appears that on several occasions after doing what I thought was a proper calibration the elevators were still slightly off level. Sometimes with a nose up or a nose down deflection. I have read the other posts on proper calibration but the normal calibration process doesn’t seem to work every time. Is this a glitch in the app, device, user etc… Anyone have any ideas???

If you are a beginner it’s normal. At first I have been refunded by Apple and deleted Infinite Flight from my iPhone. But I tried again.
Before taking-off: calibrate.
Before landing after flaps 2: calibrate.
Airbus : flaps 2 calibrate, flaps 3 trim +5%, flaps full trim +20%.
Flaps make aircraft sink down, so you have to pull up a lot. The aim is to make the plane nose up before landing and increase bearing. You can use TRIM to compensate the range of yoke action.
If you read French I can send you my own A320 processes (I wait before translate it in English)

What I noticed wasn’t the attitude of the aircraft (nose up bs nose down etc) but the position of the elevators after calibrating on the ground. Calibrating did not center the elevators. I may be making an incorrect assumption but I was under the impression calibrating should “zero” all control surfaces.

Which planes did you have the issue with?

Are these steps applicable on an A319 as well?

It was on the 767-300 with 0% trim. I initially noticed the problem with calibration after switching off AP. Upon landing I did a check on the ground to try and calibrate/set the controls to neutral and saw the elevators in a nose up position after calibrating several times with zero trim.

Did you notice if it was interfering with how it was flying, or did it just didn’t look right?

I can say that this is one of the issues I have come across before.
I also calibrated prior to AP disconnecting on approach and the calibration is incorrect causing the airport to dive to the ground or pull straight up.
I can’t remember what aircraft that is, but just saying I had this issue before…

I initially noticed the problem during flight. I’m was able to compensate by holding my device in a extreme nose down position to level the plane and land. Upon landing I figured I’d see how the control surfaces looked before and after calibration to try to see if calibrating “centered” the elevators. So, the short answer is yes.

Start using trim. It will aid you massively. If you used negative trim that would mean you wouldn’t have to point your device down as much. Unfortunately the B767 is a very old model, the physics aren’t great at all so this is to be expected

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.