calculation of weight & balance to be optimal

how to optimize your weight & balance to fit because every time I make a long hauls flight the APPR Mode always says overweight even though we need a lot of fuel, and for the passengers I give 367 seats and 0kg cargo flights with a boeing 777-300ER. Thankss

1 Like

How much weight do you have on your plane at landing? If you are doing a 3 hour flight you do not need 200,000 pounds of fuel.
You also need to get under MLW (Maximum landing weight) to land with APPR. You can also check your weight during a live flight by going under the “airplane load” tab.

1 Like

When flying long hauls, don’t fill your fuel tanks. Give yourself about an hour or two of extra fuel. If you fill up your tanks, you’ll be too heavy during descent, and won’t be able to use APPR.

https://fpltoif.com/ use this.

2 Likes

Total on my plane 335.726Kg >MLW
How do we calculated fuel burn for long hauls for 7 hours or more ?

The fuel burn is displayed in the fuel tanks tab of weight and balance. For the 77W, it is 7,080 Kilograms an hour.

1 Like

When you add fuel, there should be a place where it estimates your total flight time. Just adjust the fuel levels so that the estimated flight time is ~60 min more than the actual flight time.

You can also use FPLtoIF.com like @Alphadog4646 stated. It’ll give you an exact amount of fuel to put in.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for info bro

Ok , thanks bro

1 Like

Whats that mean block fuel ? And SID/STAR

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s the amount of fuel required to get there, correct me if I’m wrong guys

1 Like

Standard instrument departure and standard terminal arrival route I’m pretty sure

1 Like

It means the amount of fuel to put in. And the sid and star that’s advanced stuff that basically in the end means, you control your planes heading with the heading indicator and don’t follow your FLP

2 Likes

oh so far I’ve been overloaded, hahaha
Thankyou for info

Oh now im know thanks bro

1 Like

Not a problem :)

Easy way of doing it is by going into adjusting your weight and make sure the top number is green (not orange or red).

That’s MTOW. For many long hauls, if that number isn’t orange, you’re going to find yourself panicking because you have 100 kg of fuel and are minutes or hours away from your destination.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.