Calculating Cruise

Hey everyone,

New topic to talk about, now I want to clear this new doubt as far as you guys give me some tips to become a great flyer

So, READ THIS CAREFULLY…
I want to know the way to find my cruise height, but no according to heading right?
Then please leave here some examples of calculating cruise according to weight

Well, I don’t have a actual formula to calculate it though, basically if you are heavy load, I suggest you to fly at lower altitude, for ex. if you’re flying from Singapore to San Francisco, I suggested you start your cursing at FL310, and you can get to FL330 and even FL360 through out the flight. I also recommend using a flight planner which usually will give you a suggested altitude based on your weights, flight length, and aviation regulations. Hope this will help you!

It is included when you make your flight plan at fpltoif.com at the bottom along with the speed for each waypoint.😉

6 Likes

while flying alone. I don’t start off with fixed cruise altitude. I generally see how far I can go up with typical cruise speed and still enough engine power left to climb in atleast 500ft/min if necessary.
so here’s what I do.
suppose flying east. i know i’ve to cruise on odd multiples of thousand. so i set my climb towards cruise continually monitoring my pitch (not above 5 degree post 10000) and engine N1 max 90-95%. I keep reducing my VS to keep stable flight. in climb.
on just before reaching fl310 like on 30000ft. I asses the situations that will i be able to go more 2000ft. if yes i increase my altitude to fl330. and it keeps on climbing. then again on reaching fl330 same procedure…

It can only be done while flying alone. in group flight you need to pre-decide cruise height so everyone stays at same level

2 Likes

@Latvia wow mate, this is really clear, thank you, I just tested the web and it’s nice, but hey what do you think it’s better IF FPL conveter or simbrief.com

Si you keep climbing as you lose weight; checked thanks

Okey, going higher, striating at a low altitude, without having the engine passing N95% thx!:)

Make a flight plan in simbrief than paste it in fpltoif. Fpltoif doesn’t tell you what SID and STAR to take so I recommend simbrief

1 Like

fpltoif is easier all you have to do in order to get the FPL is fill in couple slots which can only take about 50 seconds to generate, where by with Simbrief you have to find the SID/STAR and find altitude which takes roughly 3-6 minutes depending on how experianced you are with using the Simbrief method, but with FPLtoIF you can get your cruising altitude, cruising speed and your decent fix all at once

I go onto flight radar 24, then I look at the replay of one of the flights, then do the same as what they did.

Pretty much everyone has provided some clarity… but basically heading dictates where you cruise when you are flying using RVSM rules (North America, Europe and most other major airspace’s).

If you fly east above FL290 you’ll fly at an odd number, if you fly west you’ll be at an even altitude.

For long hauls, it’s suggested to step climb, though you don’t have to. You just go up too high as a heavy aircraft or you’ll have speed issues, stall, and get violations

cough cough Simbrief cough cough

Heading 360-179: Odd flight level

Heading 180-359: Even flight level

The other stuff is dictated by other things, but at the very least, be at one of the correct flight levels for direction of travel.

It is so frustrating to see things like “I always cruise at FL340” on IFC (perhaps not in this particular thread, but it’s around).

Okey thanks

1 Like

Okey ik it’s faster in IF fpl converter but it has to have all the necessary information

Same as what I do but selecting the same route in simbrief :)

Now i understand the directions thanks

Lol okey thx😁

Okey thank you so much really ckear

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.