Cabin announcement website

Map Cabin website is now in open beta: map-cabin.com

Hi, everyone. I recently got a new IDEA.

I want to create a cabin announcement website that has cabin announcement audio from many airlines around the world. You can play these audios when you play Infinite Flight, giving you a more realistic flying experience.

Unlike Infinite Passenger, our website does not automatically play audio when you play Infinite Flight, but requires you to play audio manually. The advantage is that if you not only play Infinite Flight, but also X-Plane or other flight simulation games, you can also use our website.

And our website will be completely free for everyone to use! :D

Collecting audio is a very boring and time-consuming task. If you have some airline cabin audio and want to provide it to us, please upload the mp3 file to this form. Thank you very much for your help!

If you find that the airline you wish to submit audio to is not in this form, please let us know!

The name of the new website is “Map Cabin”, if you have a better idea, please let us know!

The estimated development time of the new website is 7-30 days (I am very busy recently 😂)

The progress of this website will be updated on this topic, please stay tuned!

71 Likes

So its sorta like inf9nite passengers, and Self Loading Cargo combined on a website, but just the audio files

2 Likes

There are many differences between this website and ifpax:

1. This website is 100% free
  2. This website has more audio than ifpax. e.g. (before takeoff announcement, reach cruising altitude, encounter turbulence…)
  3. Other flight simulation games can also use this website
7 Likes

Looking good… Seems you have a bit of free times these days… Wish you a success

2 Likes

I will be very interested in this 👀

3 Likes

I feel as though this may raise privacy concerns, such as during in flight announcements. Most airlines have rules saying that you cannot record airline staff. Plus I feel as though many of these rules would be in place for passengers too.

2 Likes

It’s optional for you. You can choose upload it to us. Thanks for your note mate

1 Like

I think you might’ve misunderstood. I understand for me to upload is optional. I just see privacy issues with other people on the aircraft. Personally if I were a passenger, I wouldn’t want someone recording every conversation I have for the duration of the flight. Same with flight attendants, and most airlines have rules against recording any audio or visual of flight attendants

4 Likes

Thank you for mention me that. We will not accept audio that clearly hears what other passengers are saying

3 Likes

I don’t think your really comprehending what he said…

Some airlines don’t want you recording their flight attendants and making their voices readily available on the internet.

You would have to find all of these airlines and make sure not to put them on the website.

1 Like

I mean, most (if not all) safety videos are on YouTube, so I don’t see the difference there.

Yo @infiniteflight_17, you might like this.

4 Likes

Rules and laws are distinctly different things. Does one have a reasonable expectation of privacy when they are conversing on an airplane surrounded by hundreds of people? Is the video itself eligible for copyright in the airlines base country? Certainly the words are not eligible for copyright protection since they are mostly mandated by each countries regulatory authority.

There are of course several privacy and potential copyright/acceptable use questions a site like this may generate. Certainly the legal scholars of IFC are not the best equipped to answer these. Sounds like a cool site idea, but I would do some research on any applicable laws this site may violate. This will likely differ across countries.

5 Likes

I found the following quotations published by airlines in an article by the Chicago Tribune:

Southwest: “Want to photograph and/or record Southwest Airlines Customers or Employees? Let them know first! The use of cameras and mobile devices is permitted onboard to capture personal events but can never interfere with the safety of a flight and should always respect others’ privacy.”

United: “The use of small cameras or mobile devices for photography and video is permitted on board, provided that the purpose is capturing personal events. Photographing or recording other customers or airline personnel without their express consent is prohibited.”

In an article by The Points Guy, American Airlines is cited saying this:

“Use of still and video cameras, film or digital, is permitted only for recording personal events. Photography or video recording of airline personnel, equipment, or procedures is strictly prohibited.”

rip Ifpax if this comes out

1 Like

I submitted about three audio clips, hope this helps! I wish you good luck. I am currently using infinite passengers, but if this turns out to be better, I would definitely switch over! Good luck

3 Likes

As a website operator, we have no ability to know which audio is allowed to be recorded and which are not. If the uploader knows that this audio is not allowed to be recorded, then he should not submit it to us. At the same time, after the audio is released, we will also write on the page “If this audio violates your privacy, please let us know and we will delete it”

1 Like

ifpax is still a great application, and ifpax’s focus is not on cabin announcements, but on operating Infinite Flight airlines.

2 Likes

A new idea came out of my mind! VA/VO administrators can submit their own VA/VO cabin announcement audio to Map Cabin. When this audio passes our review, we will post it on our website! More details about this will be published when the website is released.

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea, support it 100%. If it turns out to be functional i will be more than happy to use it 👍🏻

3 Likes

Thank you :)