C208 Little Hands Challenge

Grab a C208, start on final to 18 at 59CA-San Francisco, don’t run off the runway. If you don’t hear the stall horn, you’re probably not going to make it. Good luck! :)

13 Likes

Challenge accepted :P

I like that you were modest, showing us the replay with the HUD view :P We can all pretend that you actually used it… Good fun! Nice to see!

Pretend I actually used the HUD? Serious question. Do people fly in other views besides the HUD? I feel like that’d be wayyyyy harder.

4 Likes

I always fly in HUD unless I’m taxiing and I need to check my surroundings.

4 Likes

I like to declutter in the GA cockpit views (I’m probably in the minority). IF looks better thru a prop :) I hope someday they add some kind of attitude indicator to the bottom line. Right now all we have is vertical velocity. That helps a lot, but you are right… It is really difficult. My decluttered GA landings are usually hideous!!

1 Like

Oh wow! I would struggle without the HUD on IF, although I wouldn’t complain about a six pack or even an RPM indicator on the bottom bar. 👌

1 Like

Stopped video before overrun 😏😂

4 Likes

Yeah… Don’t worry 'bout that… ;)

Does the cockpit view is considered part of the HUD?

Based on your skill in the clip, I bet you will have a lot of fun without the HUD and do very well. If you ever have one of those days where you are looking for something different in IF, go for a flight in the 172 with the decluttered cockpit view. I swear it will feel like a completely different game!!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll have to try that! I’m sure it’ll make for a new challenge. Until then, this is still my favorite view:

2 Likes

The landing doesn’t need to be smooth right?

1 Like
2 Likes

Hahaha, always trust your instruments! I’m jealous!

Check out those mad skills (not).

1 Like

Opposite runway, but I made a video a while back, landing a 737-900 at 59CA.

4 Likes

Dang it I filmed it with a C172… Uploading it anyways

Nice landing!