C208 at ATC Controlled Airport

I am wondering if I am allowed to fly the C208 FedEx aircraft to PHNL. Normally light aircraft isn’t allowed at ATC staffed airports on the Expert Server

1 Like

Check the Airports ATIS, it will normally say if light aircraft is allowed at that airport.

3 Likes

Thank you, yeah it’s a no go sadly :(

Generally light aircraft will not be permitted at bigger airports, depending on airport layout and traffic levels. But to be sure, as Kubica mentioned, check the airport’s ATIS.

1 Like

C208 is not a light aircraft in Infinite Flight.

Light Aircraft in IF:

XCub
C172
SR22
Spitfire
P38

8 Likes

What happens is that some controllers do not accept light aircraft in some cases. For clarification, below is a list of IF light aircraft. If it is not on the list below, it means it is not classified as a light aircraft.

• C172, SR22, XCub, Spitfire Mk VIII and P38
3 Likes

Light aircraft (in my own interpretation) is a GA aircraft. Challenger 350 may be excluded, but aircrafts like TBM is a big no-no :))

There’s no need for an interpretation, Light Aircraft are clearly defined in the Flying Guide

To answer the original question — you’re allowed to fly the 208 into any ATC-staffed airport, regardless of whether light aircraft are allowed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.