C172 stalling

Hello everyone, I have attempted to fly the C172 2 times before, each time the plane keeps banking to the left or right. Then stalls. I’m not overweight, I am useing trim, flaps, enough power. Not lifting of to early. What can I do?

1 Like

This also happens to me. 7kt Wind at Stansted yesterday. Takeoff at around 60 and instant bank to right. My phone Is calibrated.

Edit/ let me try and takeoff right now and see what happens

1 Like

Ye, it’s a BIT wierd 🧐

1 Like

2 different occasions different weather. Different airports

1 Like

Besides using rudder when you have a crosswind component, this may help:

Go to settings —> Controls —> Restore defaults

4 Likes

My controls are always on defaults

1 Like

Ok then it’s pilot error. You guys just need to practice. Use rudder and don’t climb like a jet.

Edit: Turn off autocoordination in settings

4 Likes

Here’s my personal experience with it. My friend was flying it the other day all calibrated, flaps set, trim set, throttle set and when he tried taking off at 60 knots it would tail strike or bank left or right after liftoff so I went in and tried myself and none of that happened, my flight went perfectly in other words. So from my personal experiences all I can say is practice makes permanent. If you would like to I’m free for the next few hours and I can fly with you and help you learn to fly the Cessna 172 or any other aircraft that you’re having troubles with.

3 Likes

This might be irrelevant but just a tip. From my experience with Cessna 152, 172 and observing other pilots flying the 172s, C172 does not need flaps for takeoff.

3 Likes

The Cessna is delicate to climb, you will need to level off, gain speed and then climb again. Otherwise you will stall whatever you try.

3 Likes

All aircraft need flaps for takeoff for extra lift at low speeds ;-)

1 Like

The C172 do not need flaps for normal take offs.
10 degree flaps for short field take offs.

3 Likes

I’m guilty of climbing like a jet, but I DONT do that in a 172

I fly 172 in real life. I’ve only 1 hour on it and 7 hours on PA28. I think I’ll just go on casual and practice.

3 Likes

I adjust sensitivity in settings —> controls to a middle setting. Thats what I prefer. Try different settings and see/feel what you like.

2 Likes

Yes when I play the 172 always stalls

1 Like

I agree, the first time I flew the reworked version, it stalled as soon as I turned. I was going at a good speed and everything was fine, I didn’t bank too hard but then I just stalled and I was at an altitude where I couldn’t recover

Yes ,not using flaps for takeoff solve mone problem

Welcome to the IFC!

Ye, check some of the tips above and thay should help you.

Below are some helpful links to get you started. This includes some information regarding trust levels and more importantly the how this forum works. We ask that you please take a look through this important material and understand these posts. Please don’t hesitate to message a moderator if you have any questions. And last but not least, have fun! Thanks for the help and understanding!

A Beginners Guide to the Forums

Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community

General Forum Guidelines

Make sure to not climb like a rocket.

Use your pitch to keep your speed steady. You should be climbing between 500 and 800 fpm.

1 Like