C172 Flight:Picking my dad up for his birthday

Today September 30th was my dads birthday and also 1 year ago I became a private pilot, so I decided as a birthday present for my dad after he got done eating with some friends, my brother and I would go down to KLIT our local commercial airport and pick him up.

27 Likes

Well, not only are those beautiful pics! Happy birthday to your dad! 🎂 how old is he turning this year?

2 Likes

#dreams

Doesn’t it feel cool to be able to just fly like that, anywhere (kinda)

Slso happy birthday to your dad

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to your dad! Hope y’all had a fun time. Surprisingly, my birthday was yesterday!

2 Likes

That’s one of the best parts of flying, making someone’s day and creating memories. I don’t get to spend a lot of time with my dad so we bond by flying together. Wish your dad a happy birthday for me!

2 Likes

Thanks. I think he’s 55.😬

1 Like

It’s pretty cool. I fly GA more than commercial. And thanks I appreciate it

2 Likes

Thanks. This was a surprise for him he had no idea either. Happy belated birthday

2 Likes

It truly is one of my favorite parts of flying. This is also how I bond with my dad since I’m usually away at school or he’s gone on a buisness trip

1 Like

What a coincidence, my dad is 55 as well! I assume it’s the same with your dad but nothings better than catching up with him while flying along in the smooth skies.

2 Likes

Absolutely. It’s was such a beautiful night. Nice in clear and crisp. And surprising cool. It was great night to cap off his birthday

4 Likes

Thoughtful gift for your father. Best wishes to him & fantastic photos!

1 Like

Best wishes! Happy Belated Birthday father!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.