C17! is it staying or going

Does anyone know if the c17 is planned on getting removed? And if not is there a possibility there might be a rework of it and updated flight physics

3 Likes

Hello!

There are no current plans to remove the C-17 at the moment. There’s a feature request to rework the aircraft that I’ve linked below. I’d recommend dropping a vote!

2 Likes

Should it stay or should it go, na na na na, na na na!

Could (in theory?) be a military aircraft’s turn after the A380 though so I wonder what the future holds

3 Likes

Theoretically every aircraft in IF can have a rework, except the ones which had a recent rework. Until we get a replacement military aircraft I don’t see the C-17 go.

4 Likes

I’d just love to be able to do touch and goes at raf brize Norton in a big heavy cargo aircraft. The c17 is probably my favourite mil aircraft so I hope to god they at least consider a rework

2 Likes

Should it stay or should it go now?
If it goes there will be trouble
And if it stays there will be double
So come on and let me know…

Should it stay or should it go?

- The Clash

6 Likes

or we could in theory, replace it with the C-5?

1 Like

Why not have both ? Haha Military side is in need of something, been way to long.

4 Likes

Yeah apart from the f18 I’ve been waiting for something new military wise like a heavy or a new jet or even bombers. Just something we can RP in and something that GAF could use.

1 Like

At this point I really don’t care if they keep it or get rid of it. It’s one of (if not the least used) the least used aircraft in the entire simulator.

I don’t really mind if it’s removed. The flight sim is not relatively focused on military aircraft, let alone military cargo. Not to be mean, IF didn’t do a good job on the aircraft. So why would we waste time for a C17 rework rather than the 787, Neo, max reworks/additions?

Tbh I don’t really understand the fascination of adding a few feet to a fuselage or new engine and calling it neo something or another. To me a 737 is a 737 but again that’s just me.

Personally, I hope it stays as this sim trys encapsulate not only airline simmers but general avation and others a like. But we will just have to see what comes of her. Given a full rework this plane is capable of more than just military cargo hauling and could offer unique flight experiences.

5 Likes

Finally, someone who agrees! I think IF should work on the max another time, once other necessary aircraft are added

2 Likes

So agree with you, and I can’t thank you enough for your service. @Asneed8706 hoping the military side gets something.

1 Like

What stats do you have to back that statement up? Would love to see your analytics on the matter. @ClassicAirlinerLover l’m very intrigued by your statement.

1 Like

That’s not true. The C-17 is actually frequently used by GAF

3 Likes

Yeah that’s why it would be great for it to have a rework so GAF could use a highly detailed aircraft instead of the c17 we have now

I have no stats to back it up. Nor do I need them. One just needs to look at ALL the servers and try to find ONE of them flying around. Maybe you’ll find one. But the point remains that from what I can and have observed, the C-17 is by far one of (if not the most) the most unused aircraft in the sim.

1 Like

The only reason why no one uses it is because of the quality of the model… if it was a high detail reworked model I guarantee you there would be so many more people using it and even if there weren’t in the end it would still be good to have another aircraft that’s high quality.

3 Likes

That was very much implied. Thus the reason why if they decided to get rid of it, I wouldn’t mind one bit.

1 Like