C150 - cockpit close up (with explanations)

The wonderful 150 in all its glory…

Here can be seen the throttle and the mixture lever (used to control the amount of fuel added to the air flow), the carb heat lever (which is used to apply heat to the carburetor venturi in order to prevent the formation of ice), the trim wheel and the trim indicator, the flap lever (0 and 10 degree flaps for take-off, 0/10/20 degree flaps for a regular landing and 40 for high approaches, dead stick landings and short field landings):

The wonderful Garmin 430 which is used here for radio comms and navigation. Below the GPS can be found the transponder (S mode) which displays the VFR code (7000), the registration (FGAQB) and the flight level (FL015)

15 Likes

Yours is more advanced than the one I train in:)

3 Likes

Yours look like a 150 from the sixties meanwhile mine is a Reims 150 from 1973! Yours does have some nice features though, the artificial horizon is a brand new one (shame that it’s barely used in VFR flight), and the yoke looks great!

1 Like

Mine is a 1965:)

Here is ours from the outside, it’s a long range built by Reims Aviation capable of flying for over 6 hours with its two huge fuel tanks (144 liters in total). You have to be very careful the W/B though, with full tanks, you can’t take a passenger with you and your performance will be absolute garbage.

1 Like

Looks great. My Piper is better 😏

3 Likes

Delightful cockpit. Here is mine:

Looks awful…

Haters gonna hate.

At least they don’t need to fly in annoying hairdryer things

1 Like

But they do ask hairdryer thing pilots to fly down to a random Spanish island to take them for a flight in their hairdryer things.

The Spanish island has nicer 172s though.

You all have nice planes, but they’re nothing compared to my Cessna 172. It has the capability and range to fly around a busy Expert Server region indefinitely ;)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.