C130 crash in Savannah

The previous post for this was taken down, so sorry if I am not aloud to do this…

A C130 crashed just after takeoff in Savannah GA, reports are saying that it possibly stalled just after takeoff. So far little is known now, but the aircraft did have maintenance about a week prior. The aircraft crashed on a highway, and possibly hit cars, currently 9 people are confirmed dead. The aircraft was an older one and according to CNN it was on it’s final military flight.

8 Likes

In this case, the worst is saved for last. RIP those nine people :(

8 Likes

Do you think maybe the cargo was off balance? 😢 Sorry for those nine people’s families.

1 Like

Seems to have been only a few passengers, but a balance issue looks possible if you look at the video…

2 Likes

Check your spelling at the end. All crashes are tragic, Sorry for those nine people`s families.

2 Likes

Sorry! I didn’t notice that at first.

Also @KPIT check spelling at the end. Military*

2 Likes

Thanks, I did it… and no problem @PJ_DeBusk

1 Like

According to the CNN video, no vehicles were hit.

1 Like

I actually live in Savannah! I saw so much smoke, btw air crashes smell bad
Hearts and prayers to the families of lost men!

2 Likes

Polls aren’t needed. Especially in a sensitive event such as an aircraft disaster.

5 Likes

@DeerCrusher What do you mean? I did not put a poll…

You didn’t but someone else did.

3 Likes

Oh sorry, you must have taken it down, sorry about that…

Air Travel and 2018 don’t go well at all. I miss 2017

1 Like

It’s said in the article he plane was 50 years old! I’m no expert but that is very old for a plane.

1 Like

Not really. Airframes that are properly maintained can last for quite a long time.

4 Likes

Yes but as it gets older harder and harder to maintain more likely for mistakes

Not necessarily. Planes go through cycles. There are newer planes that break more times than old reliables. Kind of like cars and trucks. It just depends on how well they are taken care of and what abuse they are subjected to.

I heard the plane was 50 years old. RIP these nine people😰

1 Like