C-17 birthday vibes in Las Vegas @ KLAS

After many months of trying to catch a C-17 in Vegas, I finally have done it. This aircraft, 97-0047, flew into Vegas a few days ago from Charleston, SC for an unknown reason. I planned today's trip to be catching a Delta 764 Skyteam and a few others but it ended up being an hours trip worth of C-17 shots and receiving safety cards from a friend. I of course miss majority of the intended aircraft I came to spot but definitely worth the sacrifice.

Originally, this flight was headed back to Charleston, in excitement of it’s transponder turning on, I rushed over to the Goodwill HQ to grab some shots.

Funny enough, they came back (Have no idea why) and arrived on 26L!

Here’s the safety cards a friend was willing to give me for free!

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube

43 Likes

First, epic pics Kam!

2 Likes

Awesome Photos Kam!

Happy Birf as well!

2 Likes

Nice photos! But I’m gonna have to rival you with my C130J Hercules that flew into ORD on Saturday ;)

1 Like

Also, co-pilot caught on 4K picking is nose at 30ft

5 Likes

Caught in 4K lmaooo 📸

1 Like

this has never been so suitable

happy birthday :)

Great shots!

1 Like

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎉🎊🎂🎈🎁

STUNNING PHOTOS TOO! 🥰

Enjoy your day!

1 Like

I’m immune to Covid and the flu

Great shots, and it is definitely not an everyday thing to see a C17 at LAS (and a pilot picking his nose caught on camera).
Also happy birthday and…how did he manage to take those safety cards?

1 Like

He flew to Kingman and snagged a few of those DL ones out of some abandoned CRJ200’s, as for the SW 738, he grabbed that one out of an IRL flight he did last week.

2 Likes

prepares to get sued by SWA

1 Like

Damn. I get the C17 being rare for LAS, but a 767-400ER is probably even rarer. There are only like thirty of them in the world. Compare that to the hundreds of 767s produced and in current use.

Also skyteam is pretty hot.

1 Like

We get 2 daily 764’s now from Atlanta along with 2 more 763 / 752 from JFK and ATL actually, SkyTeam in particular is one i’ve been waiting to see but never made it to the airport on time lol

2 Likes

747SP/Classic, 727, DC9, A340-500: are we a joke to you

1 Like

Still though, rare plane ngl. It’s a win-win situation.

2 Likes

The A340 is a joke period.

1 Like

Another one I missed on my last spotting trip ironically, A345 was headed to 01L where I was positioned and swapped to 26L last second 🗿

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s a pretty bad plane.

Ight someone put @Mattheus in prison

3 Likes

Airbus fans, assemble!!