C-130 Hercules hype (or lack of it)

I’ve been checking this forum since the C-130 was revealed as the next plane in the works, but I’ve noticed a very interesting lack of hype for it. The 787 had a huge ammount of topics, comments, likes and interest. Why is it different with the C-130?
The C-130H (only variant so far confirmed) has lots of liveries and users. It would also open new possibilities regarding routes and events like KEDW-KNUC, short landing competitions etc…

4 Likes

Probably cus it’s a military aircarft

3 Likes

Gotta lov the commercial

3 Likes

I think it’s because they aren’t posting many photos of it. The 787 had tons and tons of photos taken before it was released.

15 Likes

It had all those airlines!

Exactly. If the C-130 had more photos it would be hyped a lot more.

8 Likes

I’m not hyped because I feel like it’s taking time away from Global (but I don’t know that for sure) and I’d rather more regional planes over new ones and military

3 Likes

Its because everyone on this forum absolutely LOVES commercial aviation and worships it, and literally dosnt care/know about any other kind of aviation.

10 Likes

But there is a distinct lack of enthusiasm in general. When the devs leaked an image of the 787, the forum was flooded with feature requests. They did the same with the C-130, nothing.

Well I do appreciate the work of the developers, but I’m not quite excited of the C-130. If there where more photos of the significantly progress of the aircraft, maybe I’d be more interested, I’m just waiting for global flight and doing more airports.

6 Likes

That’s because the C-130 doesn’t have many liveries. Yes, there is less enthusiasm, but that is partially because of how vague the progress of it is, and also how there are major updates coming soon.

2 Likes

Lack of liveries there isn´t. You have SEA camo, Coast Guard, low visibility grey, Fat Albert. You can also include different underwing stores (fuel tanks etc…)

2 Likes

Compared to the 787 there are very few.

2 Likes

Do you think they´ll include the whole family? From A to J?

Nope. People aren’t as into military aircraft so I doubt they will need all those variants.

1 Like

The A would certainly be interesting. It doesn´t have the bulge on the nose.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for it. I just know that I won’t be flying it very often, military aircraft just don’t interest me. But I definitely appreciate the hard work the Developers are putting into it. Although More military aircraft are definitely needed more in the game, as it allows for more realistic routes as well as attract more players who are interested in military aircraft. Especially since the current community is predominantly commercial interested.

3 Likes

Im excited for anything FDS puts out. They work extremely hard, and everything they’ve done has only bettered mine and a lot of others experience with this game. My only thing is the lack of General Aviation Turbo-props and Piston Engine aircraft. I know almost a year ago, there was actually a time where I just got bored ya know, and I took a 3-4 month break from the game. So much Jet-Jet-Jets. And it honestly, just got old. Really, the A320 update was what brought me back. I saw the finished product, and loved it. It proved to me the FDS was really working on a beautiful product, and not just one of the money hungry associations, that make a game, update it a few times, then abandon it. I can happily say though, this game is so much better than any others I’ve played. I just think that there would be more hype for a “General Aviation” plane, like a King Air 350, TBM 850, or a Piper Archer etc…because it is something new, and not just flying Huge Metal Beasts all the time. Its been too much of a focus on Jets to me. Thats why I feel there’s a lack of hype. But whenever they get to the GA’s, they’ll get to it. I can’t complain, i’m still having fun. Can’t wait for what is to come in the future. 😀

8 Likes

True. The 787 was somewhat of a disappointment for me, I don’t like it very much. On the other hand, this cargo aircraft could be a nice change.

2 Likes

Even with the wing flex and amazing textures! It was a huge improvement from the old 787 and other recently added aircraft.

1 Like