C-130 flies over Manhattan causing panic

3 Likes

Isn’t the airspace over NYC restricted? I thought I’d read that once before.

2 Likes

It was military training. They would have authorisation.

6 Likes

Would have*

1 Like

No one panicking! Misleading

2 Likes

Also, it’s not very low in the video either. I’ve seen commercial planes fly over the north end at maybe a little higher than that.

3 Likes

They did have authorization according to news reports. Problem is, even though they had reported their intentions to the FAA, the FAA did not notify the City of NY. NYC could not warn anyone in advance… thus the public had no idea what was going on.

These are the same C130’s that fly over my house during the summer out of Gabreski Airport in Westhampton, NY, from the Air Nation Guard base there (106th, I believe).

They are an awesome sight! And that tell-tale exhaust out of each of the four engines… classic!

6 Likes

Fake news is in Infinite flight too. But wow that does look cool tbh, much quieter than flying a c-17 or fighter jets.

5 Likes

There’s a video of a VC-25 flying low over New York City too that also caused panic. In this situation, however, they didn’t receive explicit permission to do so.

3 Likes

That was not original title

1 Like

Every time a plane flies over NYC is causes panic.

2 Likes

Just think guys, we can do the same thing apin Infinite Flight:-D

3 Likes

I bet it was a bit scary for New Yorkers escpecially after the tragedy on 9/11

1 Like

Agreed, seems like a normal day on the ground in NY

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.