Buying instead of building new air force ones.

Very interesting topic and glad to see they are thinking of keeping the old ones going http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/01/politics/us-air-force-one-bankrupt-russian-airline/index.html

2 Likes

So no one finds it odd that out of all the airlines in the world…they are buying it from a Russian airline?

from 2014 on, there have been 50 orders for 747-8 with, if I am not mistaken, ~15 still left to be delivered. Pretty sure there are other airlines that we could get the aircraft from without having such a conflict of interest.

9 Likes

I’ve seen many various articles about this, and yeah… quite a lot of people do find it a bit odd.
However, this is not the place for such a discussion :)

6 Likes

😂 The Don is at it again!

3 Likes

Could you add a brief summary of what the article says? Also what is your opinion on it?

These are just some things that you could add to your topic

1 Like

The jets are the property of Boeing…Transaero never took delivery of them.

2 Likes

That’s just ironic a Russian aircraft that’s going to be turned into Air Force one

2 Likes

Well it’s a Russian “Airline” not the aircraft Boeing is from America and not Russia but it is very interesting :)

2 Likes

I haven’t read this particular article but I read that they built 2 out of 4 aircraft the airline ordered but they went bankrupt before they were delivered, Boeing stored them in the mojave dessert for obvious reasons to sell on if possible. It would lower the costs as they could use those planes instead which I’m sure would have a big discount.

2 Likes

It depends how they were planning to make Air Force One. The Plans could have been to make a normal aircraft then modify it.

Are you sure there’s an escape pod lol? I think that’s just from the movie, but I’m sure there’s anti missile defense.

1 Like

In my opinion it’s not a great idea. Buying the aircraft that carries the US political leaders from a country that they have had much conflict with before…I just don’t like it.

1 Like

They’re buying them from Boeing I think.

Maybe it was from the movie lol, i’m not sure. Would be dope if there was one though xD

1 Like

They are in storage near where I live! I’ll see if I can get any pics to show the IFC.

3 Likes

So, trump will be flying an ex-Transaero (most likely) 747-8? Weird

1 Like

thats only in the movie lmao

1 Like

nope, the aircraft were built for transaero, but never delivered to the airline.

Yeah. That’s what I mean.

I would like to see a brand new airforce one built from the ground up for him and not converted from a jet they built for a different airlines but would like to see it done as cost effectively as possibly

1 Like