Buying a plane? IRL

My neighbour is pretty well off and he is looking into buying his own plane.

He has his eyes on either this -
www.globalplanesearch.com/listing/aircraft-for-sale/Boeing-777-200ER/198291

I mean, the same type, I don’t think that exact plane

or this - www.globalplanesearch.com/listing/aircraft-for-acmi-lease/Boeing-747-8F/188881

So, if he decides to get one of the two, (I think within this or next year) does anyone want any special photos/videos

P.S

Don’t ask me about any of the payments/airports it staying at etc. I’m only 14 and I can’t ask everything :)

EDIT- More likely getting the first one of the two, literally was just told

5 Likes

What the heck would he do in an 8F…

15 Likes

I think you meant to say “he is extremely well off” lol

7 Likes

More money then he knows what to do with huh? He can send some my way if he doesn’t know what to do with it 😏

13 Likes

You need a place to park too. Well unless your house is like John’s(The QF 707 guy)

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes
  1. He is going to need a big garage

2. Why on earth would he get a cargo aircraft

18 Likes

I could help with scale 1:200 ;)

9 Likes

For some reason I just can’t believe someone buying a 748F for no reason…

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

I could model a loo roll into the shape of a 748F. Would he be interested in purchasing that, say $5,000,000 (bargain)

8 Likes

It’s likely a well used 777-200ER. A fresh A321 has much more life and potential.

It’s not as simple as poking some holes, putting in seats, and calling it a day…

777 are overflowing the 2nd hand market, I remember somewhere I read that an American carrier bought a 2nd hand for 7.000.000$ :|

1 Like

Bargain, might ask for one for my birthday!

6 Likes

Shaped loo roll interest you?

1 Like

When I saw the title I thought he was thinking of a Cessna or something…not a cargo plane 😂😂

6 Likes

Didn’t know that the CEO of British Airways was only 14 years old D:

6 Likes

Oh, aha, I don’t think he’s getting the cargo plane version, my mistake :)

He literally spends all day in the air travelling from UK to USA to Russia to Asia its crazy,

Owns like multiple supermarkets (shares etc) or something like that, I don’t ask, we own a small airfield made for a cessna, ( I don’t think that’s where it’s staying, :D)

By the way, because my dad works his finance, they’re thinking about a smaller aircraft, I think the ERJ 145 or something around that size.

So I suppose there won’t be any 747 photo’s coming soon xD

1 Like

If I was him I would buy a private jet like a Gulfstream g650