Busiest Night at San Diego

The airport had normal traffic for most of the early night. All of a sudden lots of players decide to spawn at the airport and fly in at the same time. Add in impatient and uncompliant pilots and it quickly turned really bad. I wish pilots were more considerate of the fact that the airport only has 1 runway. I hope there would be some way to limit the amount of traffic at small airports in the future.

3 Likes

I wish… sometimes controlling at Atc playground makes you want to cry

2 Likes

I think this has got different reasons.

If for example Runway 09 and 27 are both open, the incomming aircrafts don’t know where to land, don’t follow the introductions (to enter downwind…) and mix everything up. This is also for Departure, some pilots don’t Taxi to the Runway which ATC told them.

If only one Runway is open, (most 27) the pilots can better understand the situation and follow the introductions. Only the waiting aircrafts at the ground send messages like “… Ready for Takeoff Runway…”.
This spams the ATC and don’t make sense because there See lots of other pilots before them, and they know that…

I think if pilots would listen more to ATC the work for the Controller and the pilots would her easier and faster…

A limit of planes would don’t really help. What is for example at events or some groups which want to fly…?

1 Like

Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes too…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

“Hope”, is eternal. If you can’t hack the pace stay out of the race. Some controllers on the playground have broke the code. They recognize the low number Pilot tell them to read the tutes then ignore them by not responding to there radio calls and let them happily wondering around. The malcontents who we all know are just ignored completely, their repeated radio calls go in one ear and out the other. The Playground is a school house, never forget. Suck it up.
PILOTS: hit that “Report User” Button when you note a malcontent being troublesome and hassling the Controller that’s will help clean up our act by positive action. Max Sends

2 Likes

I think every user can change something, so dear pilot’s please don’t spam the ATC and be patient.

1 Like

My experiences 😢

Who are you talking about?

Oh ok I thought you were talking about me

Sorry I missed this post, but if I didn’t remember wrong, maybe I did tell you to turn base a bit early. My bad. :)

1 Like

Yeah I see them a lot

One of the mods should make a rule not to complain about playground because the server is called playground after all! Expect little kids having fun, not a conference table filled with avgeeks discussing where they predict the next transAtlantic British Airways 767-300ER route will be.

Anyway back on topic, I personally wouldn’t fly into larger airports. I’ll play the Ryanair game and fly to cheaper but nearby airports like Tijuana or San Diego AFB

1 Like