Bundesrepublik Deutschland Luftwaffe (Federal Republic of Germany Airforce) A319

I recently found out that the German government possesses 2 planes for the transport of officials (like Angela Merkel). They use the A340-300 for long-haul flights and the A319 for shorter flights. I think the livery looks pretty good, and I think that we could use some more government planes other than only American government aircraft. What do you guys think?

I find it really good. The livery looks very good. And I fully agree with adding more goverment planes(liverys).
You got my vote👍

2 Likes

You mean Luftwaffe? It’s “Air Force” in German. Like Air Force 1, which I am pretty sure you know. Not every country speaks English and I highly support that everything is written in country’s official language on planes.

3 Likes

No, I was not saying that, I knew that part I was just commenting on how long the name was, sorry if anyone thought it was disrespectful…

2 Likes

Oh, fair enough. This name describes everything and to everyone at once lol

“Bundesrepublik Deutschland” is the BRD and Luftwaffe is pretty much “luft” air and “waffe” weapon (if my German is correct…)

Anyway coming back to the feature. I think the livery itself isn’t that interesting in my opinion (lots of Germans would maybe fly it I’m not one of them so I can’t tell really…) but it’s interesting how you say why would we have an American official plane but not any from another country. That’s an interesting argument and I wonder what FDS has as an answer.

3 Likes

IDK, I took German for a quarter of a school year so…

Thats correct 👍

2 Likes

But let’s stay on topic, this doesn’t need to be a discussion about the German language…

2 Likes

They do use four GLEX (Bombardier Global 5000) as well as five A310, two A319, one A340-300 and three Cougar AS 532.
Further more they do get a used A321 from Lufthansa in 2018/19 wich should be currently be modified for government use.
I mean we should get at least a livery for either the A321 or the A319. I would like the GLEX as well but it’s not added yet so… 😄

3 Likes

Luftwaffe = Airforce😉

Looks very nice! Sadly out of votes for today D:

1 Like

I would love to see that livery. Great idea to add more government liveries and not only the US ones.

1 Like

Reviving this idea !
I mean why not :)