Buildings & Clouds Q&A

I have a question that I would be grateful if someone could answer.

Will there be an option to turn off 3D buildings for devices which cant run it as well a bit like airplane count of sorts only affecting the display on one persons device. I think it would be a super smart idea which could improve the gaming experience for some whilst for others making sure their device doesn’t implode. Just wanted to say great work so far devs its coming along really well! 👏

4 Likes

I don’t know if I missed something about lighting, but will those buildings have lights? Or will they be pitching dark when there’s no moon? I like flying at night but the lights are really being missed.

Even the runway lighting are pretty incomplete.

6 Likes

We don’t know yet, but hopefully we will sometime soon!

the ability to perform a “pullfor” (forward pushback–i made that other term up lol) would also add a whole new level of realism and allow pilots to escape tight gates over a short distance. at KLGA this would help for instance.

1 Like

That’s called towing. And yeah that would be a great feature to have.

5 Likes

I actually lol’d at this. Nice! 😂

5 Likes

can i get an F in the chat bois

Totally agree, check these topics:

3 Likes

I’m not requesting this, but if they do happen to add buildings to KLGA imagine how cool it would be to see the new revamped terminal with the bridge above the taxiway, that would be sick. Hopefully at some point they will add that.

1 Like

With this point in mind , the aging of the base scenery data, although you cannot answer this definitely I hope at some time in the future some form of updating or replacing would be considered . On a similar note even a higher resolution package. Cost may be the issue there and not game performance.

Will the airport buildings have lighting in the night?

2 Likes

That information is currently unknown.

2 Likes

You have a point though. I’ve always wondered why we don’t have light glare so we could do night flights or early dawn and evening flights cause what’s the point of the landing lights etc. Would be nice too to separate taxi lights from landing lights

2 Likes

As said in the blog

“Dynamic aircraft and taxiway lighting is something we desperately want to add but are currently limited by our aging graphics technology. We will re-focus on this after the first release of buildings is out the door. This will be another step in Project Metal.”

They will come eventually, but we don’t know when.

1 Like

Ohhhh awesome. Thanks mate. I completely understand. Can’t wait. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Will the jetways operate…?
With passengers’ animation?

Jetways will remain stationary for now.

1 Like

will the iphone xr be able to handle the 3d buildings?

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 10.33.55

The iPhone XR will definitely be able to handle the 3D buildings. It’s a high-performance phone and should have no problem.

According to Infinite Flight, there will also be quality settings to reduce or increase airport objects visible, in order to adapt to performance. This will hoepfully allow for all devices to run at least some 3D objects and buildings.

Hope this helps :)

4 Likes

thank you!