Building Trust On A Flight

MKJP to MKJS on expert server this afternoon

After doing few TnG’s at MKJP (thanks for the excellent ATC services) another fighter pilot was spinning up the turbines. After a few laps we both had the thought to depart the airspace. Even though we never flew together, you would have never known it. The flight evolved into a professional flight of 2 and a formation arrival into MKJS.

These are the moments I fly for and why it’s great to fly fighters on the expert server.

Thanks to @infiniteflight876 (callsign MADMAX). Nice job being a solid lead. If you’re on IFC. Drop a line.

Line Astern, doing a damage check on my lead

Keeping the formation tight from both prospectives

Arriving at MKJS. Entering a left traffic pattern for a flight of 2 formation landing on RWY 7

When you’ve built up a solid rapport on the flight and trust each other enough, stuff like this can happen 👍

38 Likes

Wholesome! Also nice shots

1 Like

Wow! Love them :)

1 Like

thanks, I was trying to get some unique angles for the formation

Dang that’s insane that you guys had no coordination

1 Like

It was a team effort. I had a great lead that was smooth, steady and decisive throughout the flight. I was just doing my best to be a good wingman, who he could count on to be in position at any given time. : )

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for all of the likes on the pics

You said it perfectly! One of the reasons I love fighters as well! It’s like an open invite to join in!

2 Likes

Love that we never fly alone on IF.

1 Like

That is awesome.

1 Like

Thanks. Really cool profile you have too.

1 Like
  • Fighter formation
  • Expert server

That guy is a maniac!

1 Like

Flying in formation must be fun!

1 Like

Thanks. Do you understand it at all?

LOL. There no fear in doing fighter formation on the expert server…if you do it professionally. Good oppertunity to use the flight of # on you callsign and work as a team

It is. takes some practice, but when you get it right it’s super rewarding. If you ever need people to practice with try posting a group flight for practicing formation flying. You can also look at joining one of the military VA’s like IFAE GAF. They do a lot of cool group flights.

I’m always willing to join a formation flight too.

1 Like