Bucket List Challenge - Tracking Thread

50. Curaçao

The next destination on the list is a small country in the Lesser Antilles Islands, Curaçao. One of the many island nations in the Caribbean with a Dutch history, this country still to this day represents this Dutch heritage in its architecture. In the capital city of Willemstad most of the buildings and ships docked in the harbour resemble what many traditional houses would have looked like in the Netherlands in the 17th Century. However, the beautiful European architecture, while being out of place in the Caribbean, is not the only thing to see in Curaçao. There is also the long golden sand beaches where the land is engulfed by the crystal blue waters that roll along the coast. This nation is perfect for a beach getaway and with the nation being the origin point of the liqueur Curaçao, it is sure to be a boozy beach getaway. So pack your flip flops and make sure not to forget your sunglasses, because we are heading to the Caribbean!

Route

Outbound: Hong Kong International Airport - Toronto Pearson International Airport - Curaçao International Airport
Return: Curaçao International Airport - Toronto Pearson International Airport - Hong Kong International Airport

Hong Kong International Airport (VHHH) - Toronto Pearson International Airport (CYYZ)

Aircraft: Air Canada B777-200LR
Departure Time: 1415 Zulu/ 2215 HKT (Departed)
Server: Expert Server
Gate of Departure: Terminal 1 Main Gate S31
Runway of Departure: 25L
Cruise Altitude: 37,000ft
Cruise Speed: Mach 0.85
Expected Arrival Runway: 15L
Estimated Flight Time: 16 Hours and 7 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 14 Hours and 10 Minutes

Departing Hong Kong in the Masked B77L

Cruising Through Northern China

Entering Canadian Airspace to the North

Parked Up in Toronto and Ready to Transfer

Toronto Pearson International Airport (CYYZ) - Curaçao International Airport (TNCC)

Aircraft: WestJet B737-800
Departure Time: 0510 Zulu/ 1310 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Gate C28
Runway of Departure: 05
Cruise Altitude: 33,000ft
Cruise Speed: Mach 0.78
Expected Arrival Runway: 11
Estimated Flight Time: 5 Hours and 1 Minute
Actual Flight Time: 4 Hours and 51 Minutes

Departing Toronto Towards the Caribbean

Cruising Over the Dominican Republic

Approaching Curaçao

Butter into Curaçao International

Curaçao International Airport (TNCC) - Toronto Pearson International Airport (CYYZ)

Aircraft: WestJet B737-800
Departure Time: 1050 Zulu/ 1850 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Gate 03
Runway of Departure: 11
Cruise Altitude: 34,000ft
Expected Arrival Runway: 33R
Estimated Flight Time: 5 Hours and 1 Minute
Actual Flight Time: 4 Hours and 25 Minutes

Climbing Out of Curaçao Back to Canada

Passing the Mountains in the Dominican Republic

Cruising Over the Turk and Caicos Islands

Parked Up in Toronto and Ready for the Long Flight Back

Toronto Pearson International Airport (CYYZ) - Hong Kong International Airport (VHHH)

Aircraft: Air Canada B777-200LR
Departure Time: 1635 Zulu/ 0035 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Gate 169
Runway of Departure: 15L
Cruise Altitude: 38,000ft
Expected Arrival Runway: 07L
Estimated Flight Time: 16 Hours and 7 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 14 Hours and 53 Minutes

Departing Toronto Back to Hong Kong

Departing Canada Through the Northern Coast

Cruising Over Eastern China

Parked Up After a Long Flight

Thank you to all who watched this destination take flight!

Add Panama City, I’d recommend HKG-LAX-PTY or HKG-JFK-PTY. Thank you!!

1 Like

Hey Canton, sure thing! I have added your route recommendation to the list along with Panama City as a destination! Thank you for your contribution to the list! It is a beautiful airport and had a lot of fun flying there on the way to Caracas so I am more than happy to add it as a destination of its own! Would you like me to let we know when we depart on this flight so you can join us?

Sorry, can’t, but the reason why i chose PTY is because I’m starting a Copa VA :)

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense, no worries, hope it goes well with the VA, can not wait to see the Copa VA pilots in the sky!

Progress Map

Routes 41-50

All Routes Flown

Now that we have completed 50 destinations of the challenge I will post the next progress map. Thank you all for following this challenge and I can not wait to bring more destinations to life! It is incredible that we have managed to reach a half century and can not wait to get the full century. Hope you all are enjoying the series!

51. Boston

The next destination on the list is a very well known city on the East Coast of the US, Boston. This city has alot of history planted deep into the roots of the city, one of these major events that unfolded was the famous Boston Tea Party. The museum dedicated to all the ships and events that unfolded during this day is a must visit to any tourist in this beautiful city. If you are not too interested in History and are instead looking for picturesque spots to upload photos to your social media you can always take a stroll up the old cobble streets or take a ride on one of the many cruises that take place on boats that are replicas of the Boston Tea Party. So pack your bags and make sure to hide your tea (cries in British) because we are heading to Boston!

Route

Outbound: Hong Kong International Airport - General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport
Return: General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport - Hong Kong International Airport

Hong Kong International Airport (VHHH) - General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport (KBOS)

Aircraft: Cathay Pacific A350-1000 (Closest aircraft in IF is the A350-900)
Departure Time: 1100 Zulu/ 1900 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Terminal 1 Main Gate W46
Runway of Departure: 07R
Cruise Altitude: 39,000ft
Expected Arrival Runway: 33L
Estimated Flight Time: 16 Hours and 26 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 14 Hours and 56 Minutes

Departing Hong Kong to the North

Cruising Over Mongolia

On Final Over the Bay

Parked Up After a Long Flight

General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport (KBOS) - Hong Kong International Airport (VHHH)

Aircraft: Cathay Pacific A350-1000 (Closest aircraft in IF is the A350-900)
Departure Time: 0240 Zulu/ 1040 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Terminal E Gate E10
Runway of Departure: 22R
Expected Arrival Runway: 07L
Estimated Flight Time: 16 Hours and 26 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 15 Hours and 4 Minutes

Departing Boston Back to Hong Kong

Climbing Out Over Montreal

Cruising Just North of Beijing

Parked Up in Hong Kong After a Long Flight Back

Thank you to all who watched this destination take flight!

You should add Denver, it’s a very cool city that usually is a hidden gem for many people with cool places to eat, sports, skiing, etc. Obviously up to you, but I think this would be a fun route!

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution, I will add Denver to the list, would you like me to message you when Denver gets given to us by the randomiser so you can join?

If you add Denver, you should add Bend-Redmond! There’s a direct flight from DEN to RDM. Bend is a great town for all your outdoor needs! Skiing, biking, swimming, kayaking, etc. Right in your back yard!

1 Like

Ah, that sounds like a lovely place, since destinations are done separately so we can make each destination special and highlight them we will be flying it separate to Denver, but I will use this routing for sure! Thank you for your contribution to the list, Bend-Redmond has been added to the list! Would you like me to message you when we fly this route so you can join us?

i would love that! thank you!

1 Like

Sure thing, I will send you a quick PM when the randomiser gives us Bend-Redmond!

1 Like

Could you do KTUS (Tucson Arizona) You can fly from VHHH-either KLAX or KSFO then fly to KDEN then KTUS, I can give you more details later on planes and all that.

Thanks

1 Like

I will add Tucson to the list of destinations, thank you for your contribution to the challenge! Would you like me to message you when Tucson gets given to us by the randomiser?

Sure (10 characters)

1 Like

52. Valencia

The next destination on the list is a Spanish city located along the east coast, Valencia. This city is not only a perfect place to relax along the Mediterranean coast, but also offers plenty of historic sites dotted around the city to explore. But after a long day of visiting Valencia Cathedral, La Lonja de la Seda, Casco Histórico and El Miguelete, I strongly advise any traveller to take a seat at a local Tapas bar by one of the many beaches and enjoy a nice pitcher of the local Sangria and Tapas as the sun sets over the coast. If you are fancying a lazy day this can also be done while sat in a beach lounger under the sun. So make sure to pack your sun tan lotion and a pair of flip flops, because we are heading to Spain!

Route

Outbound: Hong Kong International Airport - Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport - Valencia Airport
Return: Valencia Airport - Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport - Hong Kong International Airport

Hong Kong International Airport (VHHH) - Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (LIRF)

Aircraft: Cathay Pacific B777-300ER
Departure Time: 0225 Zulu/ 1025 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Terminal 1 Main Gate E2
Runway of Departure: 07R
Expected Arrival Runway: 34L
Estimated Flight Time: 12 Hours and 3 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 12 Hours and 37 Minutes

Departing Hong Kong Towards Italy

Cruising Along the Border Between Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan

Starting My Descent Over the Croatian Islands

Parked Up in Rome and Ready to Transfer

Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (LIRF) - Valencia Airport (LEVC)

Aircraft: Vueling A320
Departure Time: 1405 Zulu/ 2205 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Terminal 3 Gate 805
Runway of Departure: 34L
Cruise Altitude: 34,000ft
Expected Arrival Runway: 12
Estimated Flight Time: 1 Hour and 53 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 1 Hours and 47 Minutes

Departing Rome Towards Spain

Cruising Over Palma

Descending into Valencia Along the Coast

Buttery Smooth in Valencia

Valencia Airport (LEVC) - Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (LIRF)

Aircraft: Vueling A320
Departure Time: 1325 Zulu/ 2125 HKT (Departed)
Gate of Departure: Gate 02
Runway of Departure: 12
Cruise Altitude: 33,000ft
Expected Arrival Runway: 16R
Estimated Flight Time: 1 Hour and 53 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 1 Hour and 48 Minutes

Departing Valencia Back to Italy

Cruising Past Ibiza

Touchdown in Rome

Parked Up and Ready for the Long Flight Back to Hong Kong

Please feel free to join us on the third leg of this journey!

could you have done HKG-BCN-VLC?

1 Like

Probably cause’ FCO is 3D while BCN is not.

2 Likes

We could have definitely done this, but we decided to fly via Rome as Barcelona is its own destination and will likely be used for other routes as transit too, Rome is also new to 3D and none of us that choose the routes have flown to Rome even before 3D so we thought it would be fun, we actually had a long list of possible routes, but via Barcelona was definitely considered!

2 Likes