Bucket List Challenge
Since Hong Kong has now been cut off from the rest of the world through COVID restrictions, me and some of my friends started to really get an itch for travelling. So I asked everyone I knew to write down 5-10 places they would have on their bucket list. Some of the places I received were Landmarks such as Mount Fuji, some were Cities such as Nuuk, some were States such as Hawaii and some were Countries such as Cyprus. So I thought to myself how I could scratch the itch of wanting to travel, so I came up with the idea to fly the routes on IF like it was the real thing.
Some rules that were set for myself:
- All flights must originate from Hong Kong International Airport (VHHH).
- All flights can only be direct if that is a realistic route, if the real route would require a stopover in another city, I must take this into account and perform it.
- All flights must be flown on the actual aircraft and airline that would be used in the event of a real trip (if the livery is not available on IF, I must fly Generic. If the Aircraft is not available on IF, I must use the closest available, an example is replacing the ATR 72 with Dash 8).
- All routes chosen must be economically and time practical, routes that cost thousands more than others or routes with 50 hour stopovers will be avoided (in an attempt to keep realism).
- All flights will have a return leg (if the flight has a stop, the route back does not have to be through the same connecting airport as long as it is realistic).
- All flights will be chosen based on Pre-COVID travel (would be nearly impossible otherwise as HK has banned so many airlines it would get boring going through the same connection airports), this means that since it is pre COVID travel, it is also pre Ukraine Invasion.
If the destination is a Landmark or a City, the closest practical airport will be chosen (within reason). If the destination is a State or Country, there must be one connecting flight that lands within the same State or Country.
The list of destinations has been completely randomised as to not have multiple destinations from the same country popping up one after another (this still may happen but hopefully less than before randomising).
There will be a notification in the below thread 10 minutes before departure of flights so anyone can join me and do a group flight.
All of the pictures from the flights will be posted below in the thread with an explanation of the route taken after both the outgoing and returning flights have been finished.
If any of you guys would also like to add some of your destinations to the bucket list, please feel free to add to the thread and I will add it to the list of destinations, I will add it to the end, but because the randomiser is like those of a raffle (Pulls a destination out of an Electronic Hat) it could turn up next, in the middle or last. If you are interested to find out what the list of destinations looks like you can find the link to the google sheet below. On the google sheet you can find the randomiser link just in case you are curious.
Thank you all for reading and I look forward to seeing you in the skies!