I just passed my written exam, and I’m very thankful for everyone who helped me out. Still going to use this tracking thread to continue practicing ATC, and I will still appreciate feedback!
Hi!, I am from Philadelphia as well!.. will try to join your session if possible
Oh sweet, nice to hear from a local! I would really appreciate it if you do join.
Hey, you should go check out the ATC manual in the forum it really helped me. It has all information you need to know as a Controller and will definitely help you pass the test
Thanks for the info! I’ve been reading through the manual multiple times, and I does really help.
I’ll join Philadelphia in an A350 if you’re still there
Yep, I still am
Hey!, I was the U.S airways A320,
- Good job on the takeoff command and clearance.
- When I changed runways from 9L to 9R, you did not give a pattern entry with a clearance. You just gave a clearance. Whenever an aircraft requests runway change and also requests inbound for landing, a pattern entry, sequence and clearance are required. In this case, (no sequence obviously cause there were no other pilots.) Also when you cleared me for the option, make sure you say “after the option, make left or right traffic”. This applies to runway change/inbound for landing aircraft who are doing touch and goes.
- Transition of 4000 was incorrect. Airport elevation was 36ft. So add 2500 to that (2500+36) = 2536 and round up which gives you 3000ft transition. *always round up.
- When I called inbound for landing, clearance was correct, but no pattern entry as mentioned above similar to the runway change.
- Runway exit was good, but since there were exits on both sides, exit runway instead of exit left or right would have been the appropriate command.
Just work on the pattern entries, and clearances after an aircraft makes a runway change/ calls inbound for landing and your good! Thanks for your controlling! And good luck to becoming an IFATC!
Awesome job especially the taxi Instructions to avoid conflict on ground
If he gives you a “make left/right traffic” ONCE that is enough. There’s no need for new instructions for every touch and go
I started giving you “make left/right traffic” after he made that comment. I didn’t give any to him.
Yes after the first takeoff, its enough. But after request runway change and/or inbound for landing, you have to specify left or right traffic
Yes, correct. I misread your message
You instruction after my initial takeoff to make left traffic was correct and necessary, however you do not need to repeat it unless there is a runway change or a future conflict. Otherwise we’ll done especially on ground as I said keep it up buddy
Thanks for attending, it was really helpful!
This is just a question for the future. If we want the aircraft to exit the runway on the… for example left side… should we say “exit left”? Or if there is the option to go either left or right, we have to say “exit left or right”?
Anytime buddy, stay strong in the training server I know it can be annoying when pilots don’t listen but you’ll get in the IFATC eventually, keep it up
Yeah I should have given a pattern entry. It’s definitely something I have to learn/work on. Thank you so much for attending!
Closed for today. Thank you to everyone who attended! I really appreciate it. Hope to everyone around!
Just only say exit runway “any” without specifying left or right. That means that the aircraft can exit either side