Brussels Airlines passenger slaps flight attendant

A wild passenger onboard Brussels Airlines slapped a flight attendant to the ground because he was complaining of “his wife not having enough “elbow space””.

Here you will see a video of the incident (includes violence). I personally find it kind of ironic that it’s the man’s wife who was filming the incident and who posted it online for the world to see as it was his husband who was complaining about her not having enough “elbow space”.
I personally find this as being unnacceptable and dangerous on a flight. I really hope the man will face criminal charges.

7 Likes

I just don’t see a need for this topic. Small airline altercations happen all the time and It doesn’t seem necessary.

2 Likes

Does this seem like a small incident…

1 Like

Yes, it does. Give me a moment to fetch news articles of random fights on airplanes and you’ll see what I mean.

2 Likes

Actually, just look up something like ‘fights on airplanes’ or ‘passenger meltdowns’ and there will be hundreds of articles with really similar situations… it’s always a passenger who gets angry and stressed over flying and acts in a way they usually wouldn’t.

If it was reported in Simple Flying then I think it’s serious.

1 Like

Let’s get back on topic and let the people wind-power decide.

Thanks.

It was kind of a ‘you slap me I slap you’ moment. I didn’t hear the while situation and I guess he was being asked to leave, but a male does have a lot more power and although it was an immediate reaction, he shouldn’t have done that at all. Not becuase of it being a woman (my opinion to hitting woman I think is sexist but that’s another argument), but hecuase she works there as her job, her age compared to his, physical strength, and many more factors.

3 Likes

I agree with @Ecoops123 but I would like to make a closing remark that a feature Simple Flying doesn’t make it a massive deal. A lot of these incidents make it onto ABC or Fox News.

But then it means it’s worth reporting and talking about.

extracted from the RWA guidelines

Aviation Incidents

As it is an unfortunate truth that there are many small aviation incidences on a daily basis. We ask that you refrain from posting about these on the forum. This is due to the volume of topics we would otherwise get that would clog up the forum and dilute productive discussion of other topics.

That is not ok. I don’t know why the fight escalated but that is disrespectful.

2 Likes

I enjoy watching people argue pointlessly but once violence gets involved it’s just stupid.

What were the flight attendants supposed to do?

“Yes sir, we will rip the armrests off your seat and throw them out the window”

3 Likes

Let it go. The topic has been resumed already, but you’re still holding on to this.

Anyways, this is something funny yet questioning at the same time.

Omg this made me laugh so much 😭😂

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.