Brussels Airlines Appreciation Spotting (BRU/EBBR)

Hello all of you beautiful people! I hope you’re all having a great day!

If you haven’t seen my last spotting topic Can’t-Think-Of-a-Creative-Title Spotting, go check it out if you want!

Yesterday on the 13th of May I went spotting once again. And since one of my schoolmates discovered a good spot, we decided to go there.

This spotting topic is all about Brussels Airlines, so be prepared to see a lot of those… actually be prepared to see only those, but there will be some special ones in there.

As always, these shots are edited.

Basic information:

• Landing runways: 25L and 25R
  • Departing runway: 25R
  • Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
  • Lens: Fujifilm XF 100-400mm

And without further ado, here are the photos!

To start with, this is the first aircraft I pictured, this Brussels Airlines Airbus A319 (OO-SSJ) sitting here parked, waiting to be flown again.

Next up is this Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-SNF) named “Amare” in the Tomorrowland livery, heading off to Humberto Delgado Airport (LIS/LPPT).

After that this Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-SNM) got pushed back and towed to a gate to be made ready for a flight.

While that one was being towed, this Brussels Airlines Airbus A330-300 (OO-SFF) took off bound for Heathrow Airport (LHR/EGLL).

A while after that we got to see a somewhat sad sight, this Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-SNC) - which previously wore the Magritte livery, as an ode to the Belgian surrealist artist René Magritte - wearing the freshly painted (only about a week old) Star Alliance livery. I wasn’t able to capture this one amazingly, but wanted to include it anyway because of it’s story.

Next up we got to see another special one, this Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-SNE) in the Bruegel special livery - this livery is an ode to the Dutch/Belgian painter Pieter Bruegel the Elder - that just arrived from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG/LFPG).

After dropping off the passengers and such, they towed him to a parking spot and we got to see the other side of the aircraft, which is painted differently as you can see.

After a while yet another special livery came by, here we can see a Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-SND) named Aerosmurfs, painted in the Smurfs special livery, exiting runway 25R after a flight from it’s birthplace, Toulouse Blagnac Airport (TLS/LFBO).

When is started raining a bit, we did get under cover, but we came out into the rain to capture this one, don’t be fooled by the livery, this here is a Brussels Airlines Airbus A330-300 (OO-SFB) heading to Roberts International Airport (ROB/GLRB).

And last but certainly not least, we got another long-haul aircraft from Brussels Airlines, this Airbus A330-300 (OO-SFE) blasting off of runway 25R, headed to Kotoka International Airport (ACC/DGAA).

And that’s it! I decided to make this little appreciation post since Brussels Airlines is of course the flag carrier of my country, and to maybe be able to show some pictures of it to people that don’t get to see any of their aircraft.

I hope you liked the pictures, let me know what you think of them and maybe give some feedback!

All that’s left to say now is see you next time everyone!

35 Likes

Well done !

1 Like

Thanks mate!

1 Like

Wonderful 😍 And a great Quality

1 Like

Thanks very much!

@Baba will like this

2 Likes

Yeah I love it!

Wonderful pictures mate ;)

2 Likes

Thank you very much mate!

1 Like

Due to the fact that I got a lot of pictures from this spotting session, I might make another topic (or even two) with the other aircraft/airlines.

I might make one today or tomorrow.

Nice pictures you made buddy! I’d love to come over and spot some birds together! EBBR is even closer to my home then EHAM 😅

1 Like

Beautiful pictures ! Too bad for the Magritte livery, but the Star Alliance livery is back, I think that’s cool.

1 Like

Thank you very much! And we could totally do that sometime.

@Nylzaga Thanks very much! Yeah I was pretty sad to hear it was going away, but at least it’s in a special livery. I actually saw the original Star Alliance A319 (OO-SSC) back in 2019 before it was retired.

Absolutely stunning pictures as always!

It’s amazing how diverse the fleet of Brussels is livery wise and you managed to capture this very well! Sadly the Q400 of FlyBe and the ARJ100s are not flying for Brussels anymore, but still a very cool fleet indeed.

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated!

2 Likes

Thanks mate!

It’s always sad when an airline retires aircraft. About the RJs though, I did see 2 ex-Brussels Airlines RJ-85s that day, they’re being used for fire training, one is split up into 3 pieces, sad sight but at least they’re still somewhat useful.

Also no problem!

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t know that! Great little airplanes and very lucky to have flown once with them from BRU to LIN (Milan) back in the days. Great that you can still see them around even though they aren’t flying anymore :)

1 Like

The more you know ;) . And indeed nice to still see them from a distance on the ground.

1 Like

Absolutely! Always cool to hear about such unique stories :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.