Brussels Airlines Airbus A320-214 (Star Alliance livery)

Brussels Airlines Star Alliance A320

About one month ago, Brussels Airlines has re-introduced a Star Alliance paint scheme on one of their aircraft. Previously this livery was worn by an A319 registered OO-SSC, but it left the fleet back in 2019, leaving no Star Alliance livery on any of their aircraft. However now there is once again an aircraft wearing these colours.

Credit: Marco Dotti

About Brussels Airlines:

Brussels Airlines is the flag carrier of Belgium, and with a fleet of 46 aircraft, the largest airline in Belgium.

Founded in 2006 after the merger of SN Brussels Airlines - the successor of Sabena - and Virgin Express - the Belgian subsidiary of the Virgin Group -, the airline serves over 90 airports out of it’s hub at Brussels Airport, also known as “The Heart Of Europe”.

About the aircraft:

The aircraft - a 19 year old Airbus A320-214 built in Toulouse - has flown with the airline for over 9 years.

Previously, OO-SNC has flown for the German leisure airline LTU and later Air Berlin, before finding a home at Brussels Airlines.

It flew with the normal livery for a while, before being decorated with a special Red Devils football livery (not as beautiful as the one we have now on OO-SNA), and later being painted in a livery as a homage to the Belgian surrealist artist René Magritte.

As sad as it was to see the special Magritte livery leave, it was to be expected after flying for over 5 years. Plus (to my knowledge) Star Alliance members must have at least 1 aircraft painted in this livery.

It’s a simple, yet nice livery in my opinion, and since there is a lack of Star Alliance liveries now, or Alliance liveries in general, I would personally love to see this added.

If there is anything I can add, please do let me know, I’m not the best at making feature requests.

(Apologies for the messy format, I have no clue how to make this look nice.)

Unfortunately, I have no votes left, but you have my support!
We need at least one Star Alliance Livery into the Sim (since the United SA on the 752 was gone in the 757 Rework Update)

OO-SSC is now scrapped:

https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a319-1086.htm

2 Likes