BritishAirways001’s ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @ N/A

Why dont you guys join And do some patterns

Im on the way

1 Like

Man I wish we could get airports without people who don’t follow the atc instructions

To everyone who joined I am sorry due to the other planes that didn’t follow atc instructions

Hey man, i send you my feedback:

A-LOPEZ

• In my first pattern, you never sequence me, i was behind a traffic on right downwind, and you cleared me to the option when i was on final, this should be at the crosswind or at the start of the downwind.
    -On my second pattern you send me an unnecesary speed command, then you cleared me for the option on a left runway and send me right traffic.

Thats my feedback, remember this, PSC: pattern( if necessary) sequencing(always when you have more than 1 aircraft) and a clearance.

Hey (again),

Like last time, I wish you the very best of luck with your recruitment to IFATC. My feedback begins below.

`FEEDBACK: P-ATRICK @ OMDB - 23RD APRIL 2020`
  1. You gave me clear guidance on where you wanted me to point with my pushback, showing good use of the ‘expect runway’ function. You taxied me to runway 30R promptly. It would have been nice for you to anticipate the crossing of runway 30L but not a big thing. You initially ground-handled several other aircraft in this manner. Well done so far.
  2. My takeoff clearance was given promptly and you provided me with the correct direction of “right traffic,” since I was on runway 30R.
  3. My option clearance came far too late. Remember: clearances can be provided when an aircraft is on the crosswind leg of a pattern. I ended up having to report my position to you on a 1nm final before I was cleared. The late clearance you did provide was structured incorrectly; you gave me an unnecessary traffic direction to take “after the option.” Having taken off from the same runway, been in the pattern, and been told with my takeoff to “make right traffic” — the use of a post-clearance direction command was not warranted.

Read the public IFATC manual’s clause 6.4.2 on option clearances: “If the aircraft has already been instructed to make left/right traffic from the initial take-off clearance or the previous landing clearance, then the use of ‘make left/right traffic’ is no longer required to be used as it is assumed the pilot will continue with this pattern unless told otherwise. If the pilot is given a new pattern entry or new runway, when clearing for the option, you must tell the pilot whether to make left/right traffic.”

1. After A-LOPEZ took off from runway 30R with the intention of “remaining in the pattern,” you correctly gave them a post-takeoff direction of “make right traffic.” This should have been followed up with sequencing (with me ahead and also in the runway 30R pattern), more specifically “Number 2, traffic to follow is on right downwind.” They did not receive any sequencing. Sequencing is necessary with regards to pattern management, it makes clear who should follow who and puts the responsibility to maintain separation in the pilots’ hands, reducing controller workload.
  2. You issued SAUDIA a “go around” when we were both on parallel finals (runways 30L and 30R respectively). This was not necessary. It was issued as they were encroaching ever-so-slightly on the 30R approach path — as such, a simple “Please check assigned runway” would have resolved your concern.
  3. When Saudia 454 called “right base runway 12R,” you immediately cleared them to land at runway 30L. It was appropriate to give them an entry (i.e. enter right downwind, right base, left downwind, left base, and straight in) for the opposite runway you wanted them to use and monitor the situation seeing as they were 23nm away from the airfield. This prevents the need for cancelled landing clearances. Sequencing was also necessary here (see point 4).
  4. Again, I was forced to report my position to receive an option clearance. This time, I never received a clearance and was forced to initiate a go-around. Similarly, A-LOPEZ was forced to report their position (they were on the right base of runway 30R, 3nm from the runway). They did receive clearance in time for them to perform their touch-and-go — at 1nm from the runway, however, you again provided an unnecessary post-clearance direction (see point 3).
  5. Saudia 454 requested transition at this point. You cleared them at a minimum altitude of 3,500ft. The altitudes of 2,500ft or 3,000ft (as OMDB has an elevation of 62ft) would have been appropriate in this case. Virtually always, you should do the following: airport elevation (rounded up to the nearest 500ft + 2,500ft = transition altitude.

Read the public IFATC manual’s clause 6.3.4 on transition altitudes: “[…] if the tower controller has 2 jet aircraft in the pattern, with an airport elevation of 1000ft, they would be expected to fly the pattern at 2500ft, therefore a transition for another aircraft must be given that still allows it to stay within the tower’s airspace (up to 6000ft) but also gives separation to those that are in the pattern. 3500ft would be a sensible target in this particular example (see 10.3.2 below).”

1. You handled A-LOPEZ’s change to runway 30L very well. With them having already turned right, you told them to “enter right downwind runway 30L.” Now would have been a good time to clear them for the option too however you had to be prompted by A-LOPEZ two minutes later for this. Confusingly, with them on runway 30L, you told them to make right traffic. In today’s relatively empty airspace, this was not needed and left traffic would have served them better.
  2. About to turn base, I reported my position on the downwind leg of my pattern having not yet received a clearance. Again, you gave me a post-clearance direction (see point 3).
  3. You cleared N379YS’ takeoff request at runway 12R, despite the fact the runways 30L and 30R were in use. You also cleared EA2303’s takeoff request at runway 30R. This request was premature. They were still taxiing and, to take off at the time you instructed them to, they would have had to cross the grass.
  4. You gave A-LOPEZ a “maintain slowest practical speed” unnecessarily. They were the only airborne aircraft in the vicinity of 30L and there should have been no traffic on 30L (there was, as you had cleared N379YS (see point 11) for takeoff on runway 12R. A-LOPEZ now also reported their position to receive a clearance (see point 9). Eventually, you issued A-LOPEZ a “go around” instruction with N379YS still not having departed and stationary on a runway they should never have been cleared to take off from (see point 11).
  5. You handled my change to runway 30L reasonably well, correctly telling me to “enter left downwind runway 30L.” However, with A-LOPEZ having had to perform a go-around (see point 12), sequencing was required but not received. After the required sequencing, you should’ve cleared me (see point 15).
  6. Again, A-LOPEZ (despite being told to go around yourself) had to report their position to receive a clearance. This time they reported “full stop,” to which you correctly responded with a landing clearance instead of one for the option.
  7. I was forced to report my position to receive a clearance.
  8. A-LOPEZ received no runway exit command and was only instructed to contact Ground after they said “Thank you, good day.”

- FREQUENCY CLOSED -

I continue to wish you the very best of luck in becoming a controller at IFATC but strongly advise you continue the practice of theory before trying to translate your knowledge into real live scenarios. You run the risk of making a habit of poorly-learned technique instead of getting into the rythym of executing correct procedure. You haven’t really taken on-board the feedback provided by me last time, or by others who have tried their very best to help you since the opening of this thread.

You should also refer to the feedback submitted by A-LOPEZ (@alberto_lopez).

Again, I attach the public IFATC manual for your close reading. And, below, the video tutorial guide for your strenuous watching.

Once confident with the theory you have learned and have truly understood the feedback we all provide you on this thread (instead of just skimming it), you should continue to work on your training as you did today — then, you should join the IFATC recruitment process.

Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like

This part I was getting lots of pushback requests

The people requesting pushback won’t move without permission. A-LOPEZ was on the runway requiring exit and further instruction; they were also already moving.

What a good job with your feedback man!
You can help me today with a short Tracking Thread later?

Sure thing! I’ll PM you soon.

1 Like

All of the Best luck! I recommend to you read atc manual.

1 Like

A thing you must remember.

Pattern work is below VFR Flight rules, so the visual separation of 1000ft vertically (500ft on minima) must be kept by the pilots, not the controller.

You use the speed commands when working with approach, on an ILS/Visual approach.

All the luck

1 Like
Open at OMAA

NOTAMS : runway 31L and 31R in use 31L for take off 31R for landing

Still open and nobody came by

Why I am only getting people who don’t listen but not pro people

Closed now due to people not coming and not following instructions

Hey @BritishAirways001, send me a PM when you do another Tracking Thread!

1 Like
Open OMAA

NOTAMS : 31L and 31R in use 31L for takeoff 31R for landing

Still open

I’m coming

1 Like