British Airways

Hello, everyone. I am Egyptian and I live in Spain. So I have an Egyptian passport and a Spanish residency. In the future when I graduate from flight school I want to work with British Airways so for that I have 2 questions:

1. Do I have to be a UK passport holder ?
    Disclaimer: My father has the UK passport if that can help me in any way.

2. Does BA require a Bachelor Degree?

Your best bet would be to check out this website

https://careers.ba.com/pilots

5 Likes

You need to have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK (Please note that a work/study visa does not satisfy this requirement).

1 Like

So a UK residency would be fine ?

1 Like

Yes, it would. As @Jack_BC said your require unrestricted access to work in the UK. So a UK residency would satisfy this requirement.

Charlie

1 Like

British airways is a great airline, and has a lot of different aircrafts, so it’s great for you

1 Like

Yeah, also I have flown them a lot and they are just brilliant, they also operate my 2 favourite aircrafts, A320 and 787

They also run a cadet course. So they train you and then you have a confirmed job at the end of the course. Many airlines offer this such as EasyJet, Aer Lingus, Emirates (but I think you need to be a UAE Citizen). It’s a great way to start your aviation career

Charlie

1 Like

Oh Thanks for the info !

1 Like

Yeah, you need a UK passport and residency.

1 Like

You mean or, you can’t have both

I don’t think you need to be British however be able to travel freely and you from what I know from airline pilots you needs to be very posh (what relevance this is to flying an aircraft I don’t know) and if you aren’t type rated on any of their aircraft around £100,000 as they like most airlines won’t pay for your training

1 Like

Yeah, I know about that part, my main concern is if I have to have a bachelor degree

I don’t believe you need to. If you type in on google BA Cadet Course it should take you to their careers page. All the requirements should be on there

1 Like

Yes, Sorry that’s what I ment.

1 Like

When they last opened the cadet scheme total cost was £118,500 which includes your ATPL/MPL and type rating - none of that money you would ever get back. BA sadly don’t pay for anything these days.

1 Like

Yeah, pilots are doing a strike against them as they don’t get well-paid

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.