British Airways VA Official Thread | "Best Virtual Airline 2018" - IFC Awards

To anyone hesitant to join BAVA read this 👇
I joined about 4months ago and ever since I have loved it I already have achieved 530hrs in the air. This is simply because flying is addicting and anyone think I fly every day,24hrs a day, I’m in school. This proves how far BAVA has taken me. British airways virtual has amazing members, amazing events team, amazing deputy presidents, co-flight supervisors and of course an amazing president.

• infiniteaviation06
7 Likes

Hey there, we’re very excited to have you onboard if you’ve applied! We will respond to your application within 24 hours via the Infinite Flight Community.

-Adam

Ok great thanks.

1 Like

Thank you @Adam_Williams n all the other staff for your warmth m professionalism🏆
Joined BAVA for only two weeks, I’ve enjoyed so much of this community~~
Really love to be part of it, especially as I’m still adjusting my own pace back to the IF skies…🛬👨🏻‍✈️🛫

3 Likes

Thank You very much for the kind words, it’s a pleasure to have you with us!

-Adam

1 Like

Here at British Airways Virtual, we really enjoy getting out and about, and meeting members of not only British Airways Virtual Airline, but also the wider Infinite Flight and flight simulation community - pictured above illustrates just this with BAVA and IFC members pictured with many members of Infinite Flight’s awesome development and staffing team, at the “Flight Sim 2018” at RAF Cosford last October. We’re looking forward to returning this year to meet everyone once more, and of course form brand new friendships in the process!

In just over four day’s time, BAVA members and staff will descend upon London Heathrow for the planned Infinite Flight Community meet-up. Staff members from all over the UK and beyond will be representing BAVA, and that coupled with many BAVA pilots also planning to be in attendance we’re sure will lead to a fantastic event, and we can’t wait to meet and greet the wider Infinite Flight Community too! The day will promise spotting, a general meet and greet, and we’re sure of many more exciting surprises. More information on this event can be found in the thread linked below;

Keep an eye out on all of our social media channels as we give you an insight into the day and what we get up to. We may also come to you live from London Heathrow, so make sure you’re ready for some exciting BAVA announcements whilst we’re there!

We really look forward to seeing you there if you’re attending, and even if you’re not attending, we’ll be compiling some highlights to be shared via our YouTube channel, for you to enjoy.

BAVA will also, for the second consecutive year, will be attending Flight Sim Show 2019 at RAF Cosford in October this year. Advance tickets may already be purchased! We’ll be present alongside many other community organisations and Infinite Flight Community members demonstrating how inclusive, engaging, and friendly our community is to the wider flight simulator community. There’ll also likely be time for a social event during our time at the show, to really help put names to faces.

All these happenings and going’s on just go to show how far this flight simulator has developed, not only to entice, engage, and encourage a love of flight, but in building a friendly, welcoming, and overall fantastic community which BAVA is extremely proud to be a part of. We’d love to see you at the next event we attend - a good time is always had by all.

British Airways Virtual Airline 2019
Email | Infinite Flight Community | Website

Logo%20%231

10 Likes

Hello, still being relatively new to BAVA and slack, I am not quite sure who to contact about this. Anyway, yesterday I completed the required hours to get to rank four (50 hours) however I have not received a message via slack about leveling up. I know people are busy with their own lives, so no rush, but I wasn’t sure if I would hear back soon. Thanks!

When I was at BAVA, Adam contacted me.He was the flight supervisor at the moment, so I suggest you take this to the flight supervisors.

1 Like

Will do, thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hey it’s been about 2 days now since I’ve submitted the form. I have not gotten a response back at all.

The recruiter is probably busy. Give him some time, he will contact you shortly.

Congrats on 100,000 hours!!!

3 Likes

I’ve been here for two weeks now and it’s been a great two weeks that has made me all around happier so if anyone is unsure on whether to apply. Just go for it

1 Like

Hello @Pertonics,

As per our records we did not receive any applications with your Infinite Flight Community Username. We have sent you a private message to further address this issue.

Thank You for your continued patience.

-Adam

1 Like

Original Photo Credit to BAVA Pilot @Nick_Wing

British Airways Virtual is very proud to be only the second Virtual Airline within the Infinite Flight Community to surpass 100,000 flight hours accrued within the Virtual Airline by its pilots.

“100,000 is a crazy value, especially when it comes to something as special as flight hours. That’s over 4000 days of British Airways Virtual being represented within Infinite Flight, the red, white and blue of our tail travelling far and wide in that time. Over 11 years of flight time - made possible only by our amazing pilots and community that continue to take us further than we’ve ever anticipated. Further than many once ever thought was possible, and yet here we are, at such a great milestone. BAVA manages to redefine what a Virtual Airline should mean. We’re just as much about friendship and camaraderie as we are routes lists and flight operations. That’s what continues to make BAVA so great - our spirit, and it will empower us to take us even further in the weeks, months, and years ahead.”

We’d like to thank all BAVA pilots, staff members, affiliates and supporters, alongside the wider Infinite Flight Community for helping British Airways Virtual Airline reach this feat, and the feats that are yet to come.

We’re even celebrating on our website! Head over there to join the party in a fun and novel way, as well as to stay fully up to date on all our latest statistics.

Come and be a part of the next 100,000 hours with us. We’re sure you won’t regret it.

Apply

Logo%20%231

16 Likes

Who was the person that logged the 100,000 hour?

2 Likes

We’re busy calculating this, and we’ll let everyone know once it’s been verified. Quite an achievement for whoever managed it!

-Adam

4 Likes

Background image captured by BAVA Pilot.

Eleven and a half years flown within the skies of Infinite Flight. Countless more memories made. Now we’re proud to announce that the BAVA pilot that filed the 100,000th flight hour for BAVA, as announced live on Saturday from London Heathrow, was BAVA167, @A_Hippopotamus.

What an achievement to log the 100,000th hour at British Airways Virtual, done so by one of our highest ranking pilots. We’re so proud and honoured to have made it this far with so much praise and respect, and can’t wait to see just how many more barriers we can break as our pilots continue to take us further.

It was great to see everyone last Saturday, as we descended on London Heathrow’s Myrtle Avenue for a day of spotting, sightseeing, meeting and greeting, and oh, did we mention spotting?

With upwards of 10 BAVA pilots present, it was great getting to know everyone, and we’re looking forward to the next events in our calendar.

BAVA Staff Members including @Adam_Williams, @BenTyson and @Chris_Wing were present to further promote BAVA, and we had a great time getting to see all the members of the community who were there, alongside the wonderful Cameron and Misha, whom we’d like to extend our gratitude to in organising the event.

We even managed to sneak some looks into what may be coming next for Infinite Flight very soon!

A fantastic day was had by all.

Where next? Some lucky BAVA representatives will be jetting off to 2019 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh in July this year!

Stay tuned to our social media for some live coverage of the event, and if you’re attending, you may have the chance of bumping into our representative over there!

The Infinite Flight Team will of course also be there. For more information on their whereabouts during the festival, visit the thread linked below. We can’t wait to see you there!

Logo%20%231

7 Likes

Both proud and honoured to be part of this incredible airline. Here’s to the next 100,000 everyone 🥂

2 Likes

I dont get it. What is a virtual airline?