British Airways set to return to Bangladesh after 11 years

British Airways are seeking clearance to return to Bangladesh’s Dhaka, Hazrat Shajalal International Airport from London Heathrow after 11 long years. British Airways ended the route in March 2009 due to no financial gain. No set date has been given but the route is set to be flown by a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. British Airways briefly returned earlier this year to Bangladesh to repatriate British Citizens stuck in Bangladesh due to Covid-19 (watch my remake of that flight on my YouTube Channel ;). This is quite interesting as not only will this return be in competition with Biman Bangladesh Airlines (who currently do LHR-SYL-DAC) but airlines such as Qatar Airways, Emirates and Turkish Airlines to name such as few who are currently monopolising the Bangladesh market. I’m actually looking forward to this flight as its not the first time British Airways have returned to a South Asian country (returning to Islamabad and Lahore in Pakistan last year). The Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) is in talks with British Airways to formerly approve this route! Keep an eye out :)

What do you think?
“British Airways repatriation flight in Dhaka”
Credits: Ashiq Rahman

sources: British Airways targets return to Bangladesh (ukaviation.news)

British Airways Set To Resume Heathrow-Dhaka Connection - Simple Flying

5 Likes

Super cool!
Bangladesh- Welcome back British Airways!

1 Like

Very exciting!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.