British airways regional pilot sceduled

Hello everyone I was wondering how does a regional pilot sceduled work during a day and a week. πŸ™πŸ˜πŸ™πŸ˜πŸ™Does regional pilots fly every day from the hub to a destination to another destination back to the hub Ex:EGLL - EDDM - LFPG - EGLL 3 leg flight a day.

I once knew a guy who was a first officer with FlyBe, based at Gatwick (and he lived near there).

His typical working day was an early start at about 4am, and he flew 2 or sometimes 3 return flights in the day, finishing by 4pm.

So it was a 12 hour day. The rota was like 3 days on, 4 days off but one of those could be an oncall day in case of someone elses absense.

Generally I believe airlines like this go out to a destination and then back in to the base.

1 Like

It most likely varies on the airline

For example, some airlines may have pilots that do a 3-4 day trip, ending in different cities every day πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

To add on,

A regional pilot will operate in and out of a hub. So, I would imagine a normal day for a BA pilot could be;

LHR/EDI, EDI/LHR, LHR/DUB, DUB/LHR - instead of a flight from EDI/DUB it’ll operate back to LHR then on to DUB.

For anywhere else, I know a day for a QantasLink pilot is a little busier, mainly due to quicker turnarounds at airports.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.