British Airways flights to Pittsburgh begin today! (Landed)

British Airways left Pittsburgh in 1999, and US ditched there London servace in 2004, but today we sit just about 24 hours away from the next round kicking off. A British Airways 787-8 Dreamliner will be landing in Pittsburgh tomorrow. Let the countdown begin!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9245474#modal-large-photo

(Photo from JetPhotos, link above)

20 Likes

That’s great news for Pittsburgh area. Their airport is small and other than the seasonal Condor 767-300 service. Great addition connecting Western PA to Europe and beyond.

1 Like

I’d love to go watch it come in.

Here goes my need to correct people about aircraft variants.

The picture you posted is of a 787-9. Not saying you can’t upload it, but I just have the uncontrollable need to point this out.

But congrats Pittsburgh! Hope to see you guys expand more and more!

2 Likes

April fools?

1 Like

It will be great, we really need this with WOW doing, well, we know what happened… :p

I hope I can, but I’m not sure, I will at the very least get out there sometime soon, because I want to see the Dreamliner! 😱🙃

Mmmm, Looks like British Airways is focusing on American/East Asian routes instead of Middle East routes. Seen a lot now new routes from the past week as well as a few canceled ones. Recently, They Closed there Route to Muscat most probably due to intense competition with the Middle Eastern airlines such as Oman Air, who people always opt for because of there outstanding service. Looks like British Airways is finally trying to up there game.

I hope this is not another April fools

1 Like

Well it is a -8 on the flight, I just searched BA 787 on JetPhotos and that was a well done picture I found…

1 Like

Yes, British Airways often switches between the 788 and 789, even though the flight is suppose to be on the 788. The do this at AUS, BWI, EWR, IAD, and more

5 Likes

Oh snap, I just realized that photo isn’t taken by the one and only @Matt737! That’s actually an awesome coincidence… 😂

1 Like

No, not April fools, this is happening.

5 Likes

Wow! That is really nice!

I remember when British Airways first started flying to San Jose! I just had to watch it land for the first time and have a few photos although they look like trash!

The airport has had some rough times with Lufthansa and Air China dropping their service, yet British Airways, Hainan, and All Nippon have stayed, all with 788s or 789s, so I am grateful for that. Hopefully, they stay like they have with San Jose even with the intense competition between United and Virgin Atlantic from San Francisco although British Airways flies there too! They also operate both the 788 and 789 at SJC so they’ll probably switch it up a lot like they do here, so you’ll get to see 2 different aircraft!

Hope you get to see it arrive and I hope you get to fly on it!

1 Like

The flight is in the air! I’m so excited!

1 Like

Finally you guys get BA Dreamliner service, so you can be almost as cool as BWI. 😎

3 Likes

We already are cooler…

2 Likes

It’s getting close! Unfortunately I cant see it, but I’m excited for what this means for the future!

1 Like

Hey it’s on final approach! Just imagine being there possibly with a water canon salute haha

1 Like

How come flightradar24 stopped showing the BAW171 flight?