British Airways flight 28 incident

Wow, imagine the logistical nightmare trying to evacuate the city of london financial sector!

I think saying a plane is about to crash where they are will get 'em to leave.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Good point lol

Or they could just take off on 09 and the problem would be solved

I doubt it’ll work out so well. A plane landing on the ground without gear simply does not have a full plane of survivors.

What about that lot flight?

Thank you for bringing sense into all this mess

1 Like

This story shouldn’t have a whole plane of survivors.

1 Like

Yea true, the plane would be in multiple pieces because of cars & buildings.

1 Like

Not the super decathlon😂

After conferring with a panel of experts (myself), the IFAIB has determined the cause of this incident as gross negligence from the pilot for not thinking critically for him/herself leading to them taking a very dangerous maneuver without the necessary performance calculations. The IFAIB recommends the operating airline take necessary disciplinary and remedial action as soon as possible.

7 Likes

That is right. The PIC always gets the final say. I read a story about a pilot getting ready for take off. It as follows:

A B7someing7 has just taken off. The pilot says what he says to avoid wake turbulence.

Pilot: [callsign] requesting take off.

ATC: [callsign] cleared for take off, maintain runway heading.

Pilot: Requesting immediate right turn.

ATC: Negiteve. Maintain runway heading.

Pilot: Negiteve. I am not taking off unless I ger a immediate right turn. I will be waiting on the runway.

pause

ATC: [callsign] cleared for take off. Immediate right turn.

The NTSB also pointed out that ATC will always give the plane a back taxi if the runway is too short

Very interesting!

In reality, this would be the middle of London, so…

The satellite image shows no safe place to land a a318. One way or the other, at least 25 people would’ve been killed.
Yes you could’ve landed in the empty concrete areas but you instead landed on a gradient which meant you smashed into a abandoned factory.

2 Likes

I thought this was real!

It’s marked in #live, not #real-world-aviation.

Yes, I released that. :D