British Airways Fire Damaged 777 G-VIIO flies again!

British Airways Boeing 777 G-VIIO that was fire damaged during takeoff at LAS in September 2015 has taken to the skies again!

These are the repairs that have taken place - Unfortunately, I do not know who these photos are by

The aircraft is being ferried to Victorville for further repairs and painting before flying to BAMC in Cardiff. Likely for a full cabin refit before entering service again.

Track here - http://www.flightradar24.com/BAW9172/8eef204

12 Likes

Taking a long rote_emphasized text_

How did the fire started?

Compressor exploded in the left engine

2 Likes

I’m happy the plane flies again :)

did they actually find out what went wrong?

British Airways were paying $375 per day to keep the 777 parked at the airport. The total paid by the end of 2015 was around $31,000. British Airways wide body maintenance hangar is at Cardiff (my local airport) where they usually perform the D checks, which means it’s probably going in for a full refurbishment.

Make sure then to be there and take photos when the aircraft arrives for repairs :)

1 Like

If I find time then I’d love to!

1 Like

I remember riding the bus home from school and seeing this explosion go down right before my eyes. (miles away). It was intense smoke up in there.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I once flew on the jetBlue plane that once landed with nose gear sideways without knowing until after the flight when i looked up the registration. The aircraft was fine but it still scared me a little bit.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.