In less than 24 hours, two Oneworld airlines formally announced their intentions to begin flying from their respective hubs to Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas.
Yesterday, Iberia announced it would launch four weekly flights from Madrid to DFW some time in April 2022. The aircraft and schedule are currently unknown.
Today, Finnair has announced four weekly flights from Helsinki to DFW starting on February 6, 2022. Flights will operate with its Airbus A350-900s.
Finnair and Iberia will take advantage of American Airlines’ immense connecting network in DFW.
DFW Airport has seen a considerable amount of growth with new airlines within the past months:
- Turkish Airlines to Istanbul, Turkey
- Contour Airlines to Greenville, Mississippi (Essential Air Service Program)
- Denver Air Connection to Clovis, New Mexico (Essential Air Service Program)
- Iberia to Madrid, Spain
- Finnair to Helsinki, Finland
Finally, while not formally announced, British Airways plans to begin flying a daily Airbus A380 to Dallas/Fort Worth starting March 27, 2022!
- BA193 Depart LHR 13:10 Arrive DFW 17:10
- BA192 Depart DFW 19:15 Arrive LHR 10:15 (next day)
The A380 is already bookable.
What do you all think about DFW Airport’s newest airlines and British Airways’ plans to bring the A380?