British Airways Brings the A380, Finnair & Iberia Announce Flights to Dallas/Fort Worth!

DFW Airport lands two new airlines and the return of the A380

In less than 24 hours, two Oneworld airlines formally announced their intentions to begin flying from their respective hubs to Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas.

Yesterday, Iberia announced it would launch four weekly flights from Madrid to DFW some time in April 2022. The aircraft and schedule are currently unknown.

Today, Finnair has announced four weekly flights from Helsinki to DFW starting on February 6, 2022. Flights will operate with its Airbus A350-900s.

Finnair and Iberia will take advantage of American Airlines’ immense connecting network in DFW.

DFW Airport has seen a considerable amount of growth with new airlines within the past months:

• Turkish Airlines to Istanbul, Turkey
  • Contour Airlines to Greenville, Mississippi (Essential Air Service Program)
  • Denver Air Connection to Clovis, New Mexico (Essential Air Service Program)
  • Iberia to Madrid, Spain
  • Finnair to Helsinki, Finland

Finally, while not formally announced, British Airways plans to begin flying a daily Airbus A380 to Dallas/Fort Worth starting March 27, 2022!

Timings:

• BA193 Depart LHR 13:10 Arrive DFW 17:10
  • BA192 Depart DFW 19:15 Arrive LHR 10:15 (next day)

The A380 is already bookable.

Image Credits

Airbus A380-841 - British Airways | Aviation Photo #5303653 | Airliners.net
OH-LWL - Finnair Airbus A350-900 at Helsinki - Vantaa | Photo ID 1179832 | Airplane-Pictures.net

What do you all think about DFW Airport’s newest airlines and British Airways’ plans to bring the A380?

21 Likes

Yes can’t wait to spot these after I get my camera for Christmas

3 Likes

@Texan ^^^ :eyes:

1 Like

Cant wait to spot these!

Cant say I’m surprised with the Finnair routes. I’m guessing people from Finland want to come see all the fins on the stars

2 Likes

Ay that’s AWESOME!! Hopefully I’ll spot these some time!

2 Likes

I updated the post - British Airways is bringing the A380 to DFW!

8 Likes

When does the BA A380 service start?

1 Like

March 27th.

4 Likes

DFW spotters are gonna be so spoiled now 😞

Atleast I can fly to Helsinki via DFW now to visit my family instead of connecting through JFK.

3 Likes

Yeah our international service just randomly exploded

Anyway, come to DFW and partake in the fun 👀

5 Likes

Ohhhh yes. The iconic BA A380. I wish it was the Queen 747 but I’m glad they’re bringing back the 4 engine double decker back. I gotta buy myself a camera 😅

1 Like

Ay!!! Good to see the A380 coming back!!!

1 Like

Acknowledged it 👇

5 Likes

DFW finally has some variety.

4 Likes

Can not wait to see those planes with my brother @Ethan_Brown

2 Likes

Yesssss I’m so happy 😊

1 Like

March 27th(?)

2 Likes

Its nice to see the return of the a380

How do you know?

Have you looked at the thread, multiple articles have been posted as well as the flight is able to be booked.