British Airways announces Charleston, SC

British Airways announced the launch on two weekly flights between London Heathrow and Charleston, starting April 4th next year until October 24th. The route will be operated on Thursdays and Sundays using the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft.
Flight Schedule
Departs CHS: 10:50pm - Arrives LHR: 11:50am +1
Departs LHR: 5:20pm - Arrive CHS: 9:20pm
Source: British Airways, Charleston County Aviation Authority

British Airways currently operates the 787 to two other cities in the Southeast U.S.: Nashville & New Orleans, with Nashville going daily soon from LHR. Charleston will be the smallest market in the U.S. served by the carrier, with a metropolitan population under 1 million.

Glad to see Charleston get their first transatlantic destination, what do you think?

Source:

8 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome! Isn’t CHS where they make the 787’s as well? Hope it’ll stay and be profitable for BA :)

5 Likes

Hmm. Very interesting. Happy to see BA stretching to smaller markets. Great city of choice! Charleston, enjoy London and beyond!

2 Likes

Interesting, the KBNA route is operated every day but Thursday and Sunday by a 787-8. I guess this route will fill in that open slot, but besides that this is great for Charleston as I can’t think of very many other heavies that operate there… That’s disregarding Boeing of course

Wow they chose Charleston, hope that goes well for them
I’m so depressed that KCLT ain’t getting BA, argh the codeshares with AA…

1 Like

Congrats to CHS on the new route!

2 Likes

Well if it’s Charleston’s only transatlantic route then they should have profit.

1 Like

Quite interesting to see, considering that they do not even have service to Canada or any other foreign country and out of the blue British announces service there…Would not be surprised to see if the service is short lived. Enjoy it anyway!

Yep! All 78Js are manufactured in CHS. Quite a few 789s are manufactured in CHS. And 788s are being focused in Seattle for the time being but they can be manufactured in CHS.

BA does fly to Calgary (YYC), Montreal (YUL), Toronto (YYZ), and Vancouver (YVR).
Considering this is twice weakly service, yields should be good enough for it to stay around.

1 Like

Thats good should be great for business and myrtle beach for tourism, this makes me wonder BA flies into Charlotte, NC?

They do not currently fly to CLT now, but I believe they did in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.