Following British Airways’ 747-400 schedule for San Jose, (British Airways’ 747 Is Coming To San Jose! (SJC)), British Airways has added some more equipment swaps on certain routes.
These include some pretty nice aircraft changes for some spotters in the United States.
British Airways Adds Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner Flights To Atlanta:
- This is British Airways’ first 787-10 route.
- The aircraft will replace the currently scheduled 787-9 on the London to Atlanta Route.
- First flight on March 10, 2020
British Airways Adds Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner Flights To Dallas/Fort Worth:
- From May 1, 2020, British Airways will launch its second 787-10 route to the United States.
- This will replace the currently scheduled 777-200ER on the London to DFW route.
Temporary 787-10 From London Heathrow To Seattle:
- From July 1, 2020, to October 24, 2020, British Airways has scheduled the 787-10 on the LHR-SEA route.
- Depending on how you view this (as unfortunate or not), this aircraft will replace the 747-400 that was originally scheduled.
787-10 Scheduled For Nashville:
- Begins with a one-time service on July 11, 2020.
- Goes daily from September 3, 2020
British Airways Schedules A350-1000XWB From London Heathrow To Philadelphia
- From March 29, 2020, the A350-1000XWB will replace the 747-400 on the daily route.
- The 777-200ER will operate the separate 3x weekly flight.
British Airways Adds A350-1000XWB To Washington (IAD)
- From March 29, 2020, this replaces the scheduled 777-200ER aircraft.
Apparently this one got cut:
British Airways Adds The A350-1000XWB To Tokyo (Narita):
- From July 1, 2020, this will replace six of seven weekly 787-9 flights.
- The seventh frequency will be on a 777-200ER
Updated: The A350-1000XWB Is Scheduled For Austin
- Operates from March 29 to October 24.
Finally, British Airways will operate the 747-400 on the London to Phoenix route from March 29, 2020.
Personally, I’m excited for the 787-10 to Dallas/Fort Worth and A350-1000XWB to Philadelphia.
Are you excited to see these new aircraft fly somewhere or to where you live?