British Airways’ 747 Is Coming To San Jose! (SJC)

Looks like San Jose’s first ever scheduled commercial (I think) 747-400 will be on British Airways next year!

According to the available information on britishairways.com’s booking system:

The 747-400 will operate London Heathrow to San Jose (SJC) from Sunday, March 29, 2020 to October 24, 2020

(Oliver Richter on JetPhotos)

The flight will depart LHR at 2:25 p.m. and arrive in SJC at 5:45 p.m.
The flight will depart SJC at 8:10 p.m. and arrive in LHR at 2:30 the next day.

@BigBert10 and other SJC people:

Note this is still subject to change as this is about 4 months away.

Congrats to SJC for securing this flight if true!

42 Likes

TELL ME YOU’RE SERIOUS AND I’M NOT DREAMING!!! 😱

I’m dreaming right??? 😱 😱 😱

61 Likes

When the topic becomes about how @BigBert10 is proud instead of the new route. 🤣

13 Likes

@GlobalFlyer1 check this out

4 Likes

Yep it’s real, updated the OP to include the booking info.

Wow! This is unbelivable. A great view of an heavy in the Bay Area for people to see now

Unless it’s been confirmed by an official news source, I am quite sure it’s a mistake… just my thoughts be it’s hard to fit a 747 thats chartered, which is rare too… anyways, if it’s real, I’m going to be very excited to see this bird fly over my house everyday!

2 Likes

OMG! I am currently sitting in my chair right now jumping for joy with my mouth wide open and having spit coming out of my mouth as I am screaming for joy trying to control myself!!!

21 Likes

@BigBert10 @BigBert10 @BigBert10 omg look!!

yes I know you’ve been made aware lol

Neat stuff.

5 Likes

Wait, what

8 Likes

Sometimes even the largest of news sources don’t pick up aircraft changes like these, but it’s likely this is big enough for the local news to pick it up.

Of course there are false loads into airlines’ systems (Daily AA DFW-TLV & year round PHL-KEF) but this may have been loaded today.

1 Like

You are also breaking the law of physics… sir.

5 Likes

Exactly what I told Bert a couple minutes ago 😬

I’ve seen airlines do this many times so I won’t get my hope up too high… accommodating a 787 is a large enough task, so I don’t know why SJC would’ve given British Airways permission to fly a 747 commercially. I’ll be extremely excited if it does happen though 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mean, San Francisco to London is a very competitive route, with British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, United, and Norwegian all flying it with some of their best aircraft like the A380, 787, and A350-1000. But, I don’t see enough demand from San Jose to London to have a 747. Yes, London is a top destination from San Jose, but there are many cheaper options from San Francisco and the aircraft flying those routes are more premium heavy for business travelers. Just my thoughts though (that this isn’t a very useful move).

3 Likes

There is a leg at the bottom of my table that I can rest my feet on…I’m jumping from that while sitting in my chair and then landing on my chair afterwards

My body feels all tingly and I’m lightheaded now

2 Likes

Stop trying to crush my happiness 😂

8 Likes

Nice! I knew @BigBert10 would freak when he would see this. Now you can be similar to DEN now lol

Can’t be similar to DEN yet…we need Lufthansa back

1 Like

Omg @BigBert10 I’m so excited for you! I remember that feeling when I learned that Austin would get it. Hope you get some nice liveries 😉

Plot twist, they meant SFO instead of SJC

5 Likes

I swear…you and @GlobalFlyer1 are out there to get me XD

5 Likes