British airways 737-236 (G-BGDE)

Hii everyone im requesting a livery that goes back a while, the (Sterntaler/bauhaus) livery
I really would like this livery if we ever get a 737-200 in IF quite frankly because i think its gorgeous and very unique! i wish british still had these but they were sadly criticised:( heres some info about it

In 1997 British Airways (BA) adopted a new livery. One part of this was a newly stylised version of the British Airways “Speedbird” logo, but the major change was the introduction of tail-fin art. Also known as the Utopia or world image tailfins, they used art and designs from international artists and other sources to represent countries on BA’s route network. The signature of the artist was carried near the design on the tail.

The new corporate logo was created by the London-based design agency Newell and Sorrell, who also oversaw the implementation of the tailfin designs.

The adoption of this aircraft livery was seen as a move away from the traditional British image of the carrier. BA claimed that the previous Landor Associates scheme carried an air of arrogance and detachment, and insisted that the new tailfins were popular with international travellers. However, they were unpopular with many people in the UK, despite nine of the designs being inspired by either England, Scotland or Wales. Former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher showed her displeasure at the designs by covering one of the new tailfins on a model 747 with tissue paper. She declared, “We fly the British flag, not these awful things.” Thatcher also indicated with these fins the airline would lose its identity.

https://m.planespotters.net/photo/347613/g-bgde-british-airways-boeing-737-236a

Photo cred: Donato Bolelli

This was also why VIRGIN ATLANTIC adopted the union jack on the winglets and front of their planes in order to show patriotism for the UK and kinda laugh in BA faces:o

It looks like the new Etihad livery a bit.

2 Likes

Maybe thats where they got the idea:) jk jk

I think the Ethihad looks like this a bit… This is a classic livery from 1997-2001 or around that time. They were also on the 747’s and 777’s of the time.

2 Likes

Yup was part of the ethnic liveries

Even British Airways in South Africa had them. I loved seeing them fly over me as i lived in the ILS appr to FACT’s Runway 01

Well then, we have to wait for a new aircraft (Boeing 737-200) to come out until this livery can be implemented into Infinite Flight.

I can second that with that tail!

1 Like

I would love to see the 737-200 after we see updates to current planes and more modern additions. But that is just my opinion. But if they do have the 737-200. They should remove the HUD for it.

A 737Classic update including 737-2/3/4/5 will hopefully come some time in the future, and then i will give you my vote.

1 Like

I am not a massive fan of the 737-200. As much as i love anything in BA colours, I would add that maybe a 737-800 in Comair colours would be a better addition?