Bringing the World Closer || Qantas Virtual Group || Infinite Flight's First Virtual Airline

thread-1
thread-2
Untitled-3

thread-ban1

Welcome to Qantas Virtual Group, Infinite Flight’s first and longest operating Virtual Airline. Ever since our humble beginnings in 2012 with an excess of 10 staff, we have striven to provide the Infinite Flight Community with the best Virtual Airline experience possible. Years of research and commitment has gone into knowing what our pilots really want and how we can lay the foundations for sustainable growth long into the future in the Virtual Airline Industry.
When I joined the airline 3 years ago, I never thought I’d see myself standing in the position I am today, but needless to say I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to lead this amazing airline into the foreseeable future.
Now we’re embarking on a new era, with a complete redesign of all of our procedures and systems to put you at the front foot once again. I encourage all who read this to give it a go - leap into an ever-growing community of welcoming aviators and world class systems.
An experience like no other awaits at Australia’s Leading Virtual Airline - what are you waiting for?

Josh Hicks
Qantas Virtual Group Chief Executive Officer

thread-ban2

Today, Qantas Virtual Group is a well-known icon internationally by fans of the flight simulator - Infinite Flight. Qantas Virtual Group is widely regarded as Infinite Flight’s leading Virtual Airline and was the first Virtual Airline to operate with this simulator. We have striven to uphold a strong reputation in all areas all because of our passionate staff and the hundreds of members in our organisation. It is the result of over eight years experience, rigorous training, and exceptional teamwork from many passionate employees and hundreds of pilots.

Our Heritage

heritage

Our Leadership Team

Qantas Virtual Group has a large, active and friendly leadership team who are continually focused on providing the best possible experience for our members. Each member of the leadership team goes through a rigorous application and training process to ensure they are prepared to lead Infinite Flight’s first virtual airline into the future!
Below you can see our leadership team that consistently work hard to make the virtual airline run smoothly.

Airline Management

@Josh
Chief Executive Officer
Josh.Hicks@ifqantasvirtual.com
@sam2875
Chief Operating Officer
Sam.Baker@ifqantasvirtual.com
@Anush_Patel
Chief Technical Officer
Anush.Patel@ifqantasvirtual.com
The Leadership Team

Human Resources and Recruitment

Name Role IFC Account
Abdullah Z Director of Human Resources @Abdullah_Zameer
Aaron C Mentor Leader @Aaron.C
Adam S Mentor Leader @Adam_S

Flight Operations

Name Role IFC Account
Tim R Director of Flight Operations @TimR
Hamish S Flight Operations Officer @Onlyshary
Alex E Flight Operations Officer @Alex_E

Staff Advisories

thread-ban3

At Qantas Virtual Group, we’re always striving to provide our pilots the best experience possible. We’re committed to improving the way we operate, which is why we have completely redesigned our website and crew centre. Our state of the art systems give pilots the best way to advance their Infinite Flight journey in a supportive community.
Check out our new website →

thread-ban5

Choose your aviation journey.

Upon signing up, any QVG pilot will have the choice to experience the traditional ranked virtual airline experience, gaining hours to rank up and unlock new aircraft, or to fly QVG’s brand new ultra-realistic Career Mode.

Free Mode

In free mode, QVG pilots will have the freedom to fly to whatever destination their heart desires but still experience some realism with our ranking structure. Pilots are not limited to fly from their last destination and can file codeshare and GA routes through AUNZFC. This mode is for most casual IF pilots.

Ranking Structure
We have a unique ranking system in our Free Mode where pilots are able to quickly move up and explore our long-haul fleet. With only 20 hours required to begin flying our 737 and A320 aircraft, you’ll be roaming the world in no time!

Our Fleet and Ranks

View our fleet details below:

FLEET1
FLEET2
FLEET3
FLEET4
FLEET5
FLEET6

Career Mode

Brand new this year, we are introducing Career Mode, to provide pilots with a truly realistic flying experience. In this mode, pilots complete a practical test following rigorous training in our Qantas Virtual Academy, and choose an aircraft they want to be qualified on. Pilots are able to rank up and fly different aircraft, but must complete certification courses to do so. They are also only allowed to fly from the airport in which they just arrived at (excluding Qantas Virtual Event flights), just like in real life. This mode is for the serious IF pilots who wish to maximise realism. To join QVG’s Career mode, sign up like usual, and when given the entrance exam, simply select Career Mode from the options. You must get 90% or above in the entrance exam to be considered for career mode. More information is available on our Career Mode Manual.

GA Flying - Australian and New Zealand Flying Club
We are very excited to announce that we have partnered with Australia & New Zealand’s premier GA Flying Club, AUNZFC, to provide pilots with a never before seen flying experience. Any Qantas Virtual Group is able to fly AUNZFC routes, and any AUNZFC pilot can fly Qantas routes - including codeshares. We look forward also to hosting fun events with them, to highlight our wonderful skies Down Under.

thread-ban6

Oneworld Virtual Alliance

Oneworld Virtual Alliance

Founded in 2018, the OneWorld Virtual Alliance has always striven to bring the world closer. This Alliance connects airlines from across the globe, allowing our pilots to explore places they have never been before.
With plenty of codeshared routes and a strong group of airlines to lead it, Oneworld Virtual continues to bring the world together.
Find out more about Oneworld Virtual

Australia & New Zealand Flying Club

Australia & New Zealand Flying Club

Qantas Virtual Group Pilots have the ability to fly with and earn hours for flights on AUNZFC aircraft. Now you can truly experience the best of Australia with QVG - from landing at remote bush strips in AUNZFC’s C172, to flying Royal Flying Doctor Service flights and corporate jets to flying some of the world’s longest routes, to London or New York nonstop.
Find out more about AUNZFC

Fly Emirates Virtual

Fly Emirates Virtual

EKVALOGO
Thanks to our partnership with Emirates Virtual, Qantas Virtual Pilots are able to explore over 161 additional destinations. From Paris to Cairo, Qantas pilots can really experience the best of the world thanks to our many codeshare partners. We also host partnered events with Emirates Virtual, allowing pilots to meet and new routes to be explored
Find out more about Emirates Virtual

WestJet Virtual

WestJet Virtual

WestJet Virtual, founded in 2018, aims to provide a professional flying experience for pilots, and has over 150 destinations for their pilots. Thanks to our partnership with WestJet VA, our pilots are able to access many codeshares on WestJet’s 737 and Dash 8 fleet, and explore the best of Canada. We also host partnered events with WestJet Virtual, allowing us to shed a spotlight on routes all around the world.

Find out more about WestJet Virtual

43 Likes

So proud of how far we’ve come. I can’t wait to see what this new year brings us ✈️

1 Like

Absolutely lovely topic, I don’t think any VA will ever be able to compare to Qantas Virtual Group, especially staying strong for 8 years. Can’t wait to see what the future holds for Qantas Virtual Group.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am proud to be a Senior First Officer at my favourite VA. I love to see the future of QVG, especially the career mode which make QVG unique. Thanks for accepting me, it’s been a wonderful experience. Also I’d like to thank the fantastic staff, especially the founder @Josh for being an amazing help since I started at QVG. Everyone is friendly, it’s a great VA to be apart of and I highly recommend as a pilot to join.

3 Likes

Great Job with this thread! I wish I could join but I don’t want to overwhelm myself with 15 VA’s!

1 Like

@SahyaQFFlyer @Qantas094 We couldn’t have done it without the help of all of our dedicated pilots and staff.
Thanks for your support!

4 Likes

I’m glad I could be apart of the amazing QVG.

2 Likes

I’ve only been apart of QVG for a short part of it’s 8 year history and I’ve loved every minute of it. Looking forward to what the future holds for us!

3 Likes

Same, I love every millisecond of being at QVG

2 Likes

Nice thread y’all! I’m wondering, why is there a picture of a JetStar 787?

1 Like

@snoman At Qantas Virtual Group, you can fly with Qantas, Qantaslink and Jetstar, as well as with over 15 more codeshare partners.
As Jetstar is a fully owned subsidiary of Qantas in real life, we offer all Jetstar services.
Check out how we’ve incorporated it into our rank structure below.

Our Fleet and Ranks

View our fleet details below:

5 Likes

If this is the new thread, it’s great! I’d be willing to bet I’m the only Alaskan to be a pilot for QVG 😂

4 Likes

I actually never knew that! Thanks for making me smarter QVG!

4 Likes

Great to see QVG going strong. I was QFA0014 and was one of the early staff and pilots. Sadly not been able to maintain the time recently due to various real life constraints, but Qantas Virtual is the first and best VA in IF. Happy landings all!

5 Likes

Yes indeed, most of our pilots come from Australia, Great Britain, America and some from the middle eastern countries. It would be a pleasure to have you with us!

4 Likes

So that’s why you cleaned out your IG?

I am with you ;)

Been with you for a while now.

2 Likes

The trailer alone makes me want to join. Absolutely SPECTACULAR!!!

5 Likes

Thanks @reer104!

1 Like

@Josh do you take control of QantasVirtualGroup?