Bring me home maddog!

Just a picture of waffles on the bottom right 😂😂😂 lets get back on topic

2 Likes

Yes, but that’s part of the experience, hearing the engines roar the whole flight

3 Likes

I plan on flying on a Delta Maddog sometime next year. I hope they don’t decide to retire them before I get to fly on one.

1 Like

Yeah ik! We were about to depart DFW and I heard the engines spool up. We were right in front of them as well so the sound was loud. Really loud.

Back then, I didn’t care much but now, remembering that flight (AA2608), I will cherish that memory forever. Honestly, I am really grateful to be on that flight

Fun Fact: Back in 2016, I thought all airplanes with rear-mounted engines are dangerous, so I wasn’t that happy when I found out that AA2608 DFW-RIC was going to be operated by a Maddog.

3 Likes

The Mad Dogs are very cool aircraft indeed. I have flown on probably 30+ flights with them, and have never had a dull experience on one. If you are seated in the front, it is one of the most quiet rides on a plane you will ever experience. However, I have also sat in the very last row near the engines, which can sometimes be deafening. Definitley will be sad to see this great bird go.

1 Like

The title of this topic remind of the song Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver.

1 Like

Are you allowed to do thay

And above it 2 spaces is a cat :D

1 Like

Generally I would not recommend it, but since it is the maddogs I consider it ok. But I still take cards when we take off.

2 Likes

We are not getting rid of our 717’s for a while. They will be getting a new cabin soon too

2 Likes

Great picture of the Maddog at the gate! The wide lens looks great

1 Like

Great picture! It’s going to be sad when these birds stop flying.

I’ve seen Danish Air Transport’s MD-83 at Zürich a couple of times before. I’ll probably never see a Maddog again becuase DAT stopped serving Zürich.

2 Likes

I’ve had the opportunity to sit in all of the locations (the wings this time which was a mix) and they are all incredible and unique

2 Likes

That was the point 😂

1 Like

Not technically but they have more, and if they are going to retire I wanted something to remember my trip

2 Likes

That was actually taken on my phone believe it or not!

2 Likes

I know that, I just won’t be flying on any of their routes

1 Like

@JacksonAviation it’s your luck day… sorta! Delta IS retiring the MD88 next summer BUT the MD90 will be around for a couple more years. Unfortunately the MD88 is the best MD out of them and it’s sad to them go. I’ve never flown one one so I hope to fly in one next summer. The madpup (717) will be around until 2030. Imho, I think the MD88 should be added to IF. It’s an iconic plane and a back bone to many airlines including AA, the once had 326 in their fleet. And for Delta, it’s a massive backbone. Delta is now slowing replacing them with 737-900’s and A321’s.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree! I’ve been on the MD80 twice and it’s nice! Definitely my favorite of the two birds

2 Likes

Yeah I haven’t been on it yet. Crossing my fingers I’ll find something next summer!

1 Like