Bring me home maddog!

This is a photo of the MD90 that brought me home to Atlanta from Miami! This was my last maddog flight so it was very bitter sweet for me. Sad to see these planes go. I kept the safety card as a souvenir!

60 Likes

Sad to see the MD-80 being retired from AA. But delta will have theirs for a few more years. But even they will eventually be retired. Great photo by the way.

7 Likes

So did delta retire this one after your flight?

2 Likes

Yeah. I see them coming by almost everyday. It will suck when they are gone.

4 Likes

I will celebrate their retirement. Headache of aviation is retiring.

1 Like

Wowza! sorry to see it go.

1 Like

I am flying on a MD-88 in early December, it will by my first flight on something other than a 737, and sadly probably my last flight on an MD-80. Hopefully I can enjoy the flight while it lasts.

I’m glad you did!

3 Likes

No, but my last flight with the maddog

2 Likes

I’m glad you had the opportunity to fly this legend!

2 Likes

I think years ago I either went on an MD80 or a 717, years before I had knowledge of aviation, I just remember the airline and the aircraft shape.

I travelled First Class from LaGuardia to Orlando, was a flight I’ll remember, now I know it’s in the history books, we had to avoid a storm so it extended our flight 😂

I wish I could find the photos…

*gets idea. I don’t think I have any anyway rip.

2 Likes

This was not my first maddog flight, my fourth I believe, but it was sad since it was my last

3 Likes

I flew on an AirTran 717 from FLL to ATL and back in a 717 (Falcons Livery I believe) and a 717 from ATW to ATL this summer so I’m getting on all the soon to go planes!

3 Likes

Ooh! I love the sounds of it!

I’m just getting as far as a couple select train rides about Sout East England and some sporting at Heathrow wishing I could go on them 😂.

Hopefully next hear I go to Asia somewhere, for like 3-4 weeks now my sister has left, now 3 to pay for, and no Uni funds to help with! 😇🤠

2 Likes

I flew on one to Atlanta as my first ever time in an airplane! We were going to see my mom’s Flight Attendant Training Graduation Ceremony for Delta. She was a Delta Flight Attendent for 9 years, until last July.

2 Likes

That’s so cool! My grandmother was a flight attendant for Delta and she says she wouldn’t trade it for anything

3 Likes

Good times come to a end it’s sad to see the MD 80 and 90 go there such a smooth aircraft

2 Likes

Yes. Such an icon as well! It’s always sad to see a legend go

3 Likes

The time I wish that legends never die

1 Like

I only got as far as the airport… 8 years ago, I can see how I loved aviation… Air Berlon was still around. It’s Gatwick btw

5 Likes

I’m glad I was able to fly on an AA Maddog back in 2016 DFW-RIC (@InfiniteNick)

Now, the memories from their super loud engines are stuck in my head

1 Like