Brighter Lights for aircrafts (Aircraft Lights Rework)

I believed this request hasn’t been requested before. Please remind me if it’s a duplicate

I got the picture from FlightTravels on YouTube. Picture isn’t mine

Source =

So I just noticed it when I see his FR regarding this. The current navigation lights are darker than in real life. I hope the navigation lights and other lights such as Strobe, Beacon, and Landing Lights can be set brighter like in real life someday. Share your thoughts about this request.

PS : This topic is requesting for better lights in the aircraft for current lights =)

34 Likes

How about just brighter lights in general :)
I would really like that.

18 Likes

I like your idea, But maybe that idea has been requested before. Though I can’t find the topic. Maybe I can change the request abit.

Edited it, Thanks for the idea Massimo 😊

6 Likes

This would be good to see especially with dynamic weather coming in global.

7 Likes

Indeed, It will be really beautiful to see that especially in Night mode with those clouds in the skies 😊

5 Likes

This should be good because on night mode (or night tike) we should be able to see an aircraft for example at cruise altitude just by their navigation and strobe lights like IRL. Would be amazing for global to help locate aircraft from a distance.

4 Likes

Indeed! It will be really helpful to locate planes around us, Especially it may help us to avoid a collision in Live 😊

6 Likes

And the lights reflect on the airplane and other objects. It will make IF’s graphics complete.

7 Likes

Yep, definitely. At night, the lights basically don’t do anything.

8 Likes

They can’t do anything on their own. They need some light from the city and other sources to make it look clear and visible.

6 Likes

Indeed! It will make Night more realistic and brighter 😊

4 Likes

Very interesting idea! It goes along with a few other ones that just add to the beauty and realism of the simulator.

4 Likes

I think it would be great if the landing lights would light up the runaway. The beacons light up the ground when they flash. How cool would it be to see the runway at night?

10 Likes

I totally agree with you and how ironic and funny it is because I just finished watching that video 1 minute ago and came to see what’s going on in the community and I open the post and there is the same exact video I watched. Let me stop before I get off topic but like I said would be great and way better for flying at night :)

3 Likes

Definetly needed. The current lights just aren’t realistic.
I do think that it is very probable that with the new graphics that will be added in global, lights will definetly be better.

6 Likes

Yeah I think so! It would be really good to see this! It would make aircrafts more realistic and can be easily identified by others

7 Likes

Would be great to have

I’m sure they’ll add this along with advanced night flying

3 Likes

Yes we need a work on the tail logo light, cockpit and windows lights, landing lights but mostly the taxi light on the nose wheel to see where you taxi, where is the taxiline, but also the taxiways lights!

3 Likes

Yes, indeed. Brighter lights would give it a good look.

4 Likes

And we need landing lights able to light the tarmac

3 Likes