Brief Spotting in Seattle

I flew up to Seattle about a month ago to visit friends, and had to waste some time, so what better way to do that then with some spotting? Here is my collection from about 15 minutes in the South Satellite Terminal.

Photos may be a tad bit blurry, as it was a gloomy PNW day through glass, so I had to use a high ISO (800-1000) and a slow shutter speed (1/320s-1/200s) to get the desired light.

All photos taken with Sony A7 and 24-240 f/3.5-f/6.3.

Also, here is my photography Instagram. You won’t find any spotting there, but still please give it a look if you want to see my other photography.

N267AK, a Boeing 737-900. This aircraft was delivered to Alaska on my birthday this year.

A Horizon Air Dash-8, N445QX, off to Spokane.

N491AS, an Alaska 737-900ER. Delivered in December of 2015, one of the last new aircraft delivered in the old livery.

A Delta A330-200 taxing to depart to Hong Kong. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I would think that this may be the longest A330 route in the world.

Hainan A330-300 off the Beijing. If the route above is first, this one has to be second. I wish to fly Hainan one day, I’ve heard they are nice.

German Royalty rotating out for Frankfurt. Old, but Gold.

125D8AF2-5979-4337-B8C8-52220C149ED2
And a bonus, the Space Needle and Mount Rainier from Kerry Park.

And thats all. I am heading back up next weekend, so expect some photos from then. Hope you enjoyed this very short session. Thanks!

41 Likes

Nice Photos! Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

The Seattle skyline😍
Great photos, a wide variety of airlines and aircrafts!

3 Likes

Lovely pictures! The Q400 looks great, I just did that route in IF this morning:-)

1 Like

I think I might try that A330 route - looks fun (:

I live in Seattle - an it it beautiful! Great spotting, and tourist destination. We hope our like coffee! (Get it? :D)

2 Likes

Yeah, they sure are, they’re one of the very few Skytrax 5-Star Airlines 👌🏼🤩

1 Like

Awesome photos I absolutely love the Lufthansa 747

1 Like

You caught that Hainan A333 at the perfect moment, awesome pics @Ben xD

I also love the LH 744😍

1 Like

I love your city, want to move there. I frequent quite often as both my sister and my aunt live there. And I did get some great food while I was up, always do. Y’all got some killer fish.

2 Likes

Nice pictures! As for the A330 routes… Hainan flies an A330 from PEK-YYC three times a week and I think it’s longer than PEK-SEA.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.