Brenden_Hirsch’s ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @ N/A

I’m an aspiring IFATC controller and I just wanted to practice my skills before I join the team.

NOTAMS

Pattern work allowed
Active RWY-26L
Server- Training

(If departing the airspace file flight plan before contacting ATC)

2 Likes

Hello, so here is my feedback after flying just now for you 😁

1.) I noticed that I was told to taxi to 12L and another aircraft to 30L. You as the controller have full say in which runway you use even if an aircraft requests an end of the runway that is not in use, you still can do what you want to do and send them where you want to send them. Now the problem is that since Dubai has 2 parallel runways, I would advise you not to have planes taking off on opposite ends of different parallel runways as I think we can see the problem with that 😂

2.)When I requested a runway change to 12R, you told me that I was cleared for the option and make right traffic for runway 12R. This is correct but you are missing the first step. The step being that whenever an aircraft is inbound, requesting a runway change or you initiated a go around, you MUST always first give them a pattern instruction which could be “enter left downwind for runway 12R” and THEN you will issue the runway 12R clear for the option, after the option make right traffic.

3.) I already hit upon this but while I called inbound for landing, you cleared me to land runway 12L. Now again, this is correct but you are missing the first step which is the pattern entry. So in my case you would say, “enter left downwind for runway 12L” then your next command would be to clear me to land on runway 12L

Other than those 3 pieces of feedback, I would say you are on a great path to success !

1 Like

@Kryzlot Thanks for the feedback! Right after I cleared you to land I saw the pattern instructions tab and I realized I made that mistake.😂