Breathtaking Landings

Juneau, or PAJN, has an incredible approach from both runways. From 26, you fly over the small capital city, over several glaciers and mountains, and over water as well, and you make a turn on short final. Runway 8 is also breathtaking, you fly over glaciers as well, and then over water before making your landing. Overall, PAJN is an amazing airport for approaches and landings.

I also like Innsbruck (LOWI) and Paro (VQPR). They both have scenic and hard approach and landing sequences as well.

1 Like

That sounds spectacular and is it a very difficult landing I also know in Switzerland there is also beautiful airports between the mountains. Paro is hectic I almost crashed on my final it’s beautiful but really a steep decent.

2 Likes

That is NZQN,Queenstown, New Zealand. Settings were all on high with anti-aliasing on. Definitely an airport worth it ;)

1 Like

I really wanna fly there to you probably see a great view with the sunset and snow on the mountains.

2 Likes

Insbruck it has a very hard visual landing at RW8

1 Like

How should you normally approach that airport.

1 Like

You follow the valley but you can’t turn to final until 2.5nm out

1 Like

Vancouver, Kai Tak, Providenciales (MBPV), Belize City, Port of Spain was fun, St. Maarten was good, Punta Cana was really cool. I also need to get myself to El Calafate sometime soon, there’s a gorgeous lake right next to it.

1 Like

KPSP RNAV approach is super fun. LOWI was a bit tricky. RKPK ils 36L than circle to land 18R is very difficult during low visibility conditions.

1 Like

San Jose (MROC) is very nice. Lots of mountains on the approach and the coastline is beautiful. I would recommend a 737.

1 Like

Ohhhh wow I know st maarten is a beautiful airport to land at love the scenery. Is Kai Tak also a difficult airport to land at.

2 Likes

Where is this place located it seems really amazing and is it a difficult decent into the landing.

Ohhh so the mountains is very close up to the airport is it a steep decent.

male on the maldives … oh boi that approach is nice

1 Like

I was flying a CCX with a V/S of -40,000. It was a great landing.

Along side that, I love landing in Juneau. Great views, different and difficult (somewhat) approach… I could go on and on about that airport.

Ohhhh wow I saw a vid on YouTube about Maldives on IF it’s probably very nice and blue.

1 Like

That’s seems spectacular where is this airport based at and how is the scenery around the airport. Must be beautiful.

1 Like

It’s the capital of Costa Rica which is located in Latin America

That sounds like a really amazing land I know south America has beautiful scenery.

1 Like

yes it is .