BREAKING NEWS: Boeing Embraer deal approved by Brazilian Government


Very recently, the Brazilian government has given the go-ahead to the proposed Boeing and Embraer tie up. The approval holds the terms that Boeing will acquire 80% of Embraer’s commercial aircraft division for 4.2 billion dollards, while Embraer holds the remaining 20%.

There was a slight change in the terms by the Brazilian Government to allow current jobs to be maintained in Brasil.

The deal still must now be voted on by Embraer’s private shareholders within the next 30 days, but winning the backing of Brazil’s government was its biggest hurdle.

However, this approval comes after one court blocking of the proposed deal.

What are your thoughts on this?


Great great great news for Boeing!

They are currently losing the race for regional aircraft to Bombardier, Embraer, and to Airbus with the A220 series. With this deal I think Boeing will start to pull ahead a little bit and they will start to develop better regional aircraft for the entire world. Just again amazing!

1 Like

It sure is! Looking forward to seeing the competition between Airbus and Boeing as they pull closer to each others level.

1 Like

That was a turn of events eh?

1 Like

It’s about time that this happened! I can’t wait to see the outcome of this!

It sure was. It was actually blocked at first, but finally got approval.

1 Like

Yeah! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was referring to.

1 Like

I’m very excited to see this! Boeing is my favorite aircraft company, and as others have said, they have really been falling behind Airbus lately in several areas. I look forward to seeing what changes are made to Embraer. I wonder if they will change the name of the E170 series, similar to what Airbus did with the C series.

Here is a DJ’s Aviation video I found that gives a little more information than the article:


This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.