Breaking: Cargologic Air suspends operations

UK operator Cargologicair, a subsidiary of the Volga-Dnepr Group operation, has suspended operations following a Level-1 EASA violation.

The UK CAA says the company still holds an AOC, and won’t comment further, which to be fair it rarely ever does.

Level-1 EASA violations are the most severe, and indicate a serious safety violation by the airline.

Rumours are that the company is effectively bankrupt, having recently bailed itself out by selling its 744F to Cargolux. Its parent Air Bridge Cargo isn’t apparently affected.

Some suggestions in the industry are that the company cancelled scheduled services in the expectation that prices for moving goods out of China would sky rocket and it could cash in once the CovId-19 problem faded. To say the least a risky manoeuvre with all the potential for upsetting customers reliant on scheduled services.

Volga Dnepr Group made huge losses in 2019 and the Russian Sberbank is said to have grave doubts about lending more money to prop it up. Cargologicair itself made losses of £18m in 2018 alone, 2019 figures haven’t yet been filed but are not expected to be better.

11 Likes

Let’s wish the stranded cargo a safe return home.

ATOL Protected.

1 Like

Isn’t that livery in IF? I swear I’ve seen something familiar. And btw, I accidentally read that as Cargolux suspends operations. I was like “No! Not Cargolux!”

2 Likes

The livery on IF is for Air Bridge Cargo, which is the parent company for Cargologicair. This is why they have the a similar ivery.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.