Brazilian Spring Break gateway ( FINAL FLIGHT )

Hello everyone and good evening from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท where we have a long flight ahead of us starting my journey back to South Florida ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ with Spring Break coming to a close, the area will most likely be less packed although there might a few people from up north who maybe โ€œextendedโ€ their spring break but itโ€™s mostly over since April starts in 2 weeks but todays journey is in American Airlines Main Cabin on their Boeing 777-200ER which Iโ€™ve flown countless times at this point, they really started showing up more on the international long haul side of things in Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž this route previously saw Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners along with the flight to Madrid, Spain ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ which Iโ€™ve flown previously. AA operates at GIGs terminal 2 and once I got to the airport, it wasnโ€™t too crowded since there were only 3 long haul international flights left for the night besides our flight to MIA, there was another AA flight heading to New York JFK ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐ŸŽ and a TAP flight going to Lisbon, Portugal ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น security took almost no time as well and soon enough we were in the departure hall and I went to check out a tiny lounge in the area before heading off to my gate!

Flight Info

Origin: Galeao Intl ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท ( SBGL )
Destination: Miami Intl ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ( KMIA )
Flight Time: 8:14
Boeing 777-200ER ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

I made it to gate 43 which is hosting our departure out to MIA with our Boeing 777-200ER who flew into Rio from the Magic City ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž earlier in the morning and pretty much sat at the airport all day until tonight where it was just towed in and I looked into the cockpit and saw the pilots just doing their paperwork and caterers loading dinner and breakfast on the plane. But soon enough, it was our turn to board so letโ€™s get on this B772!

Going through this familiar cabin we find my seat 37A which is one of those โ€œspecialโ€ seats in the back which only has 1 seat next to it so there is no middle and you can a bit of extra space and like last time, this is still sold as MAIN CABIN AND NOT MAIN CABIN EXTRA so there is no extra fee. Waiting on the seat is a pillow and blanket and here is the view for tonightโ€™s trip to the 305 ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž legroom is a bit above average but not too much and the IFE screen is a great but lots of choices but sometimes a bit slow in terms of responsiveness so I mainly used the remote but soon enough, boarding was complete and there was NO middle seat so I got myself a lie flat seat for free! ๐Ÿ˜Ž but we wasted no time on our pushback and soon made our way to GIGs Runway 10 for take off!

I guess the pilots like the 777 a lot like myself that they wanted to show everyone how powerful it is. We took off like a ROCKET! ๐Ÿš€

Hereโ€™s our final look over Rio as we bank north heading towards North America!

We reached our cruising altitude of FL340 once again passing by Belo Horizonte and soon enough, the mood lighting came on and I heard noises in the galley meaning dinner would begin soon. It was either a Brazilian steak or chicken which I went with latter accompanied with some steamed rice, crackers,bread roll with butter, water bottle and beverage of your choice which I went with a Coke. Overall a very well meal service my only complaint being that the bread roll was a bit cold but itโ€™s just a slight annoyance and they even offered ICE CREAM to those who wanted it so catering wise 4 stars โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ for American. Soon after, they dimmed the lights to allow passengers to sleep so I hit the hay myself along with everybody else so you see you in a couple seconds!

I got another decent amount of sleep only being woken up by more galley noises as breakfast service would be beginning shortly about an hour and a half prior to landing just off the coast of Aguadilla, Puerto Rico ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ท it was either a bacon egg and cheese sandwich or a croissant ๐Ÿฅ which I went with the bacon egg and cheese which came along with another beverage of choice which I went with some coffee โ˜•๏ธ overall, a bit above average in my books since breakfast is usually pretty poor on planes this was actually one of the better ones Iโ€™ve had. After this I tried watching an episode of The Boondocks on the IFE before being interrupted by probably the worst thing Iโ€™ve seen tonight,

A video about US Customs and Border Patrol ๐Ÿ›‚๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

This reminded me I have to go through MIA customs soon which at our scheduled 6am arrival time is BRUTAL since at this time, almost EVERY single long haul international flight from South America arrives from places like Buenos Aires, Argentina ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท Santiago, Chile ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Montevideo, Uruguay ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡พ Sรฃo Paulo, Brazil ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท and our flight from Rio even a few medium haul flights from Bogotรก, Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and Lima, Peru ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ช luckily the Medellin red eye was cancelled so it made things a bit less packed but it still sucked and there were 2 EZE & GRU flights as well so I knew it was gonna be a long time standing in that line but letโ€™s move on.

After a few episodes and a trip to the lavatory, we began our decent into Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž and it was time to reflect on trip, this was definitely a nice trip getting to explore Rio now was it my favorite? Of course not but was it different and Unique? Yes! The Brazilian culture was really nice to see so much that in the summer Iโ€™ll be returning to Brazil ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท to another coastal city knowns as Recife so stay tuned for that but letโ€™s enjoy this approach into MIA!

Flying into Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž is always a treat no matter the time of day but in the dark like this makes it even better especially with reverse ops happening meaning we will fly right above the heart of downtown and donโ€™t even get me started with our view over Vice City ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž this morning as we made our way towards MIAs RWY 26L!

And just like that welcome back to Miami Intl Airport! So onto the flights conclusion, overall it was your traditional American Airlines long haul economy class experience not insanely good but not too bad either just average. It gets the job done having decent meals, legroom and IFE so it isnโ€™t terrible by any means but not anything to have high expectations for especially in main cabin, if you want the better treatment, fly Flagship Business!

We soon parked at funny enough gate E8 where our trip started and we actually got EXTREMELY LUCKY, every other AA long haul flight arrived into their main base of operations here at MIA which is the north terminals concourse D and since we were the ONLY ones in the central terminals concourse E at this time, we headed to the passport control ๐Ÿ›‚ facility here in concourse E INSTEAD of the main one everybody else was at in concourse D. HOW COOL IS THAT! we had a great flight with 2 above average meal services, a good IFE, a spacious main cabin seat and we got to skip the long line for immigration? Dog, this has been my BEST AA main cabin long haul experience I have ever had! And it gets even better,

Bags took almost NO time to come out and we were out of the airport ONLY 35 MINUTES since stepping off the plane and it worked for everybody else as well since the person in front of me was concerned about his connecting flight over to Dallas DFW before another flight to Palm Springs, California and if he is seeing this, hope you make that connection but Iโ€™m positive he did ๐Ÿ˜ but enough praising tonightโ€™s experience, hope you enjoyed this trip to Rio de Janeiro next month I will be retuning to Deep South America so visit a cousin and explore a new South American pacific island so stay tuned for that and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘‹

13 Likes

Amazing tripreport as always man, next time you speaks about rocket ๐Ÿš€ , donโ€™t hesitate to summon me;)

2 Likes

Roger

1 Like

Gotta love these trip reports! ๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Great trip report as per usual! Love the storyline that goes with it.

1 Like

@Delta174J Thanks, love making them

@Mort as per usual, thank you king of the lakes!

1 Like

Your screenshot and videos topics are incredibly long. Props to you if you actually write them!
Not in a bad way tho:)
Great shots btw!

2 Likes